• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

I cannot stop buying books here are my latest buys:

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
maryam12khan
Official Newbie!

Re: I cannot stop buying books here are my latest buys:

Unread post

This is absolutely one of my favorite science books. I picked it up because the idea fascinated me. The nonexistence of time was something I've always sort of intuited, and to see physics exploring the same conclusions immediately sparked my interest.

I think any good science book should not only explain a theory and its application, but give the context as well. A good science book will teach you why the idea it presents is important, what its impact might be if true, and most importantly it will teach anything you need to know about the subject to understand the idea, from the ground up. This is a good science book, for all those reasons and more. In fact, this book taught me much of what I know about theoretical physics.

At its heart, this book espouses a whole philosophy about the universe, and a revolutionary one at that. It is a counter argument to both string theory and western religion.

But the best thing about this book is that it understands its own ideas may not be true.. And it goes on to tell us that this is okay, because that is how science works, and because these are things we need to be exploring anyway.

This book will teach physics, challenge the philosophy, and leave a person with a new appreciation for science and the universe.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

maryam12khan, your post here illustrates why I have sworn off use of pronouns and words such as 'this' and 'that', to the extent possible. You speak of 'this book' but fail to name it. No reader can have a ** clue what you are talking about.
maryam12khan
Official Newbie!

Unread post

:blush: Oops! forgot to mention the name
The End of Time by Julian B. Barbour
Ban me now
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Was I the only one looking for one of my titles in the OP? :P
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” Stephen King

Return to “Everything Else”