• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Time to Ignore the "Mosquito"

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Saint Gasoline

Time to Ignore the "Mosquito"

Unread post

Let's do ourselves a favor and stop feeding the troll. From now on I'm going to be ignoring Asana and I won't respond to anything it says. You all should do likewise. Anyone who argues that something is proved false because it is consistent or that priests only molest boys after they become atheists doesn't deserve our recognition.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Time to Ignore the "Mosquito"

Unread post

I agree. What took you all so long!!!!Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

I do feel kind of like I am playing whack-a-mole, no matter how many arguments I logically counter up comes a new one.but playing whack-a-mole is fun for a while. Later
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I suppose it depends on how we are defining "troll." There are some trolls who don't believe their own posts. They're purposely drawing you in with their sillyness just for the attention. Asana appears to be genuine in that respect.The bottom line is that some people are never going to experience growth. They lack the tools to even recognize fact from fantasy. We seem to have such a case here, so handle that knowledge however you see fit.
fleem

Unread post

Hmmm. I don't know. I think if you give up on fighting a person who wants you to convert, who just bleats like an ass, in a way they've won. Yet I know that Ass is the kind of person who never intends to listen whatsoever. So what's the use? : -->:"> I think I'll keep trying for a while. Don't know that I'll get anywhere, but at least he'll see that people oppose his baloney.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Personally, I'd prefer that you guys just ignore Asana. That Zombie Dog stuff is comedy gold, but every time you reply to one of his threads, another conversation gets bumped down in the list. People drop into the forums, see that all of the most recently updated conversations center around this one guy's ill-conceived theology, and think that we don't have anything else to offer. If the debate were limited to one or two threads, I'd say enjoy yourselves, but by playing his game in every thread you're making it less likely that other people will play other games at all.Letting him fire off his ideas without an argument may, in whatever abstract sense, be letting him "win", but letting him dictate what subjects dominate the forum is certainly a very real loss for us.How about this as a compromise: you (fleem), Frank, and anyone else who wants to keep playing table tennis with Asana decide on one or two threads in which to do it in, and confine your arguments against him to those threads. That way you can waste as much time as you like, and without crowding out other topics.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Ignoring Asana is fine by me at this point; I have lost interest in playing whack-a-mole.I am glad you liked my zombie dog comment. Later
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:this one guy's ill-conceived theologyThat was a cheap shot. How is my theology ill-conceived? Do you even know what my theology is?I have participated on your threads on your terms and yet you feel the need to take cheap shots. WOW!
Federika22

Unread post

I see that despite the annoyance of many of his posts, he seems to have made some effort at writing more coherently, and (at least on the history of homosexuality thread) he is trying to respect the direction of the discussion. I agree that it is a good idea to keep the religious bickerings down to one or two threads. We can all make an effort to stay on the higher path and not allow a thread to be highjacked by ignoring stupid comments and not going to insults (guilty). However, I don't see any reason at this point to ignore his presence completely.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re:

Unread post

Asana Bodhitharta: That was a cheap shot. How is my theology ill-conceived?You're right. That was something of a cheap shot, since I haven't really been participating in your threads, and I apologize.But I'm not going to bother addressing your theology; at least, not until you've settled down a bit and proven that you're not just another passer-by rattling the nest with a stick. We've had enough agitators that we ought to know how to deal with them by now. If you want me to address your ideas with respect, I suggest you take a good hard look at this site and its mission statement and think about some ways to address this audience in a way that invites dialogue rather than futile debate.Federika22: However, I don't see any reason at this point to ignore his presence completely.Nor do I, and if that's the impression that I gave earlier on, then allow me to ammend it now. I do appreciate his attempts to branch out with the "Towards a Brief History of Homosexuality" thread. Asana deserves the benefit of the doubt. But I do hope he'll see the wisdom in allowing non-theology threads a little space to breathe.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”