• In total there are 52 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

thehivequeen

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
the hive queen

thehivequeen

Unread post

Edited by: the hive queen at: 7/6/04 10:11 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: thehivequeen

Unread post

Your introduction is completely blank!Chris "For Every Winner, There Are Dozens Of Losers. Odds Are You're One Of Them"
the hive queen

Unread post

Sorry... I was trying to post a picture of myself, but I failed miserably. Finally I just gave up.
the hive queen

Unread post

testing my avitar "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching." -- Keller Williams
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Way cool! Now here's a philisophical biology question. Since everything in a hive is done for the queen, is she really "in charge", or is she a miserable slave doing reproduction for the other bees? If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything. Daniel Dennett, 1984
the hive queen

Unread post

It is that very question that makes me love the social insects. Fascinating stuff. I believe the queen is both in charge and a slave, rather than one or the other. "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching." -- Keller Williams
RickU

Unread post

I think you're likely right hive. She's a slave in that she's utterly dependant on her offspring.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

So tell us about yourself....Are you an atheist? theist? unicornist?Do you play the violin? kazoo? Twister?Chris "For Every Winner, There Are Dozens Of Losers. Odds Are You're One Of Them"
the hive queen

Unread post

I haven't had much time lately to visit the forum, so I apologize for the delayed response...I am an atheist and I have never witnessed anything that would lead me to believe in a god-like higher power. I enjoy conversation about religion, though. I think religion serves many purposes, so I don't judge theists negatively. In a way, I wish I could believe, but I have to stick to the truth as I see it, rather than the pretty story. I have an B.S. in Anthroplogy (my emphasis was on biological/physical anthropology), and I minored in philosophy (my emphasis was on eastern philosophies).I enjoy many kinds of books, but my favorites are sci-fi. I also love movies and music.I am fascinated by the natural world and the manifestations of evolution all around me. Before having a baby, my hobbies were mostly hiking and camping, but I haven't been able to much of either since he was born. Lately, I have been struggling to be more optimistic -- a difficult endeavor for me because I tend to catastrophize everything. "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching." -- Keller Williams
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Hey! Welcome back...I thought you forgot about us!Hope you can find the time in your busy life to join us every once in a while.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of Pain

Return to “Everything Else”