• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The Village (don't read if you haven't seen it)

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
jerkinabottle

The Village (don't read if you haven't seen it)

Unread post

This is such a great movie, and to me it seem very anti-climactic, meaning, you're expecting something supernatural and you get something completely differen't.All of the psychological thrillers that M. Night has made had significant payoffs in the end (bruce willis finds out he has a ghost, mel gibson's brother kicks an aliens ass), but halfway through this movie it turns from a Horror movie to a love story. The blind heroine must go to the village to seek medicines which are the only antidotes to save Pheonix's character's life.What did you guys think about this movie?
jerkinabottle

Re: The Village (don't read if you haven't seen it)

Unread post

(bruce willies founds out "he's" a ghost) sorry folkks... i'm sleep deprived
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Me and my kid were both dramatically underwhelmed.
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

I thought it was an awesome movie. As someone who has come out of an extremely narrow, isolated, cult-like worldview, I could closely relate to this film's content. My fiance could as well. We were both impressed.Cheryl No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God. -George Bush
atsquish

Unread post

I thought it was okay. Night needed a good movie after "Signs" turned out to be one of the most boring movies of all time. The only issue I had with The Village was that the plot twist was predictable, but the way in which it was presented and the love story kept it entertaining. I think that this movie would be an interesting one to write a sequel for, but I think a sequel would be more interesting in a novel format than in a movie format.

Return to “Everything Else”