• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Timothy Schoonover

Re: The Big Bang Never Happened

Unread post

I honestly think this subject would make for a great literature selection in one of our reading session. Personally, I have always found cosmology to be more interesting than biology...I dunno I suppose stars, cosmos and galaxies occupy a certain romantic-poetic category in my mind. I use to spend a lot of time dreamily probing the night skies with an old banged-up telescope, wondering about the mysteries of reality. At any rate, I know that I personally would benefit from a better understanding of the material.Does anyone know of a good book which examines various models, or analyzes the deficiencies within the accepted models? I think that opinion on this is diverse enough to catalyze a lively and enlightening dialogue.
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Re: The Big Bang Never Happened

Unread post

TimothyQuote: What really bothers me is the disrespectful manner in which you engage members of this community in conversation. At almost every point you are hostile and dismissive to those that differ with you and your tone is often insulting. In the preceding post you rudely disparage Roger's point and then proceed to read an assertion into my text where there was none in order to interject a series of barbed quips about my perspective despite the fact that there already is a thread discussing the merit of that position. The fact is, this sort of behavior is a common occurence for you and is more than unbefitting of a moderator and representative of booktalk, regardless of how many posts Chris thinks you generate. It is a disgrace to see someone, a fortiori a moderator, consistently treat others as you do. I don't expect you to agree with me, but I do expect you to be respectful to myself and others no matter how stupid you happen to think our beliefs are.I calls em as I sees 'em. I plead guilty to all charges except the "almost every point". I am hostile and dismissive to nonsense. Bring on the well-thought out, properly supported idea on almost any topic and I will be fully respectful of it, whether I agree or not. However, in the marketplace of ideas, all ideas are not equal, and it is simply not in me to pretend that they are.So... if moderator becomes an elective position, then please, vote against me. In the mean time I have looked and thought back and find no place where I attack a person rather than an idea. My intention is not to offend or attack you but if that is the result of being true to rationalism then my integrity demands no less.
david b lowry

the big bang never happened

Unread post

the subject of red shift is covered in SEEING RED byhalton arp. his website is in the links at www.electric-cosmos.org.
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Re: the big bang never happened

Unread post

Hysterical silliness. Science is neither a philosophy nor a belief system. It is a combination of mental operations that has become increasingly the habit of educated peoples, a culture of illuminations hit upon by a fortunate turn of history that yielded the most effective way of learning about the real world ever conceived. E.O.Wilson
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: the big bang never happened

Unread post

I've read a bit of the above referenced site and wish I had the astronomy education needed to concur with or refute the author's position. It always perplexes me to hear people claim that the scientific community is somehow collaborating and not allowing a particular scientist access to much needed equipment or peer review. Wouldn't this Electric Universe scientist earn himself a Nobel Prize if he could prove his theory? If he is for real I can't picture him not being able to gain access to an acceptable telescope somewhere. It seems more probable that the telescope dilemma is being used as an excuse for an unsupported theory. But...I would be interested in hearing the opinions of some of our more educated members on this issue.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
Dom

that link...

Unread post

Just started perusing the site and to be honest, he's not off to a good start. I quote:>Most of today's "accepted" astronomy/cosmology is a>set of deductively arrived at hypotheses precariously>based on two false assumptions :>1 Electrical fields, currents, and plasma discharges are>not important in space. Only gravitational and magnetic>fields are important.> 2 ...Astrophysicists tend to use 'electromagnetic' fields, as do most physicists beyond high school. The magnetic field being a relatavistic effects of the propogation of changes in the electric field.& this is in the intro so it doesnt bode well...
david b lowry

Unread post

The subject of red shift can be pursued in a book byHalton Arp, SEEING RED. Arp's website and that of Tony Perratt as well can be found in the Links section at www.electric_cosmos.org Halton Arp believes that red shift equals age and notdistance. A true voice in the wilderness.
david b lowry

Unread post

The subject of red shift is explored in a book by Halton Arp, SEEING RED. Arp contends that red shiftequals age and not distance. His website is found inthe links section at www.electric_cosmos.org.

Return to “Science & Technology”