• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The pledge of allegiance

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
RickU

The pledge of allegiance

Unread post

Ok folks. This is serious. The House is considering banning further court challenges to the pledge of allegiance here. www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6082472/Sickening. The pledge, with "Under God" in it is a slap in the face to anyone who believes in more than one god or no god at all, in America. If this passes, I may seriously consider moving to a country that doesn't mix their politics and religion (read France et al) In Vino Veritas
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: The pledge of allegiance

Unread post

Considering the original pledge had no 'god' in it, it amazes me how far this has gone!I'm gunna start shootin...you in?Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. P
RickU

Unread post

Completely. In Vino Veritas
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'm at work right now and don't have time to adequately comment, but this repulses me to no end. While I'm not considering leaving the United States, I am really fucking annoyed. This type of stuff is a prime reason why I am soon leaving the Republican party.Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandella
RickU

Unread post

If there were somewhere with better policies that I could move with a reasonable chance of success...I probably would move. But the fact remains, that while we have problems, we still remain one of the "freeresterest" countries in the world...There is now a debate on this issue about whether or not the law proposed by the house is even constitutional. Hopefully, it is deemed to be un. In Vino Veritas

Return to “Current Events & History”