• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The offbeat world of Asana Bodhitharta

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: the offbeat world of Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

How do you feel about beheadings?
Asana Bodhitharta

Re: The offbeat world of Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:What happened to the HU in the red instances above? It was an error, thanks for pointing it out Chris.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I posted this elsewhere, but- Isn't Asana breaking the rule about "flooding the boards with too many senseless posts"? I would also venture to say there has been a bit of "preaching".
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I second this motion!For the 15th time!Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - AsanaThe one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Quote:As per my agreement with MadArchitect...Yes, and unfortunately, Mad Architect has been made a moderator here and has some sway now. I called this as a partial downfall a while ago. And it is continuing with the likes of you being a member here. Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - AsanaThe one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy PiperEdited by: misterpessimistic  at: 11/21/06 7:08 pm
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:I posted this elsewhere, but- Isn't Asana breaking the rule about "flooding the boards with too many senseless posts"? Are you really being honest here? As per my agreement with MadArchitect, lately I have only been responding to post that are directed to me. I have created no new threads at all. Ironically it is you that has posted in threads concerning me only to insult without merit.Some people here have been actual freethinkers. Chris Connor has been supportive of freethinking despite the fact that him seeing some of my post is equivalent to him enjoying nails scratching a blackboard(Ouch!!!) Some people here are pessi-mystic and they are the kind of people that would have been grand inquisitors had they been christian. I think everyone should wonder why out of so many things to say or do you feel it necessary to make an unnecessary comment on a thread that was invitational to those who wanted to know about "The offbeat world of Asana Bodhitharta" and Asana Bodhitharta. I didn't make that thread but I did agree to answering those posts so how does that concern you? Chris has also made a thead concerning "My Claims" and he has the right to "expose" me and has given me the right to respond to my exposition and it is my response that it is not an exposition but my final position.
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:I second this motion!For the 15th time!You believe and support astrology on your web site, correct?
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Quote:You believe and support astrology on your web site, correct? No I do not retard, that is why it is in a section called: "...is Bliss". Ever hear of the phrase "Ignorance is Bliss". You should become accostomed to the phrase.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - AsanaThe one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

misterpessimistic: You are so good at language and argument that you can obfuscate the obvious ridiculousness of religion and make believe.I don't think I'm obfuscating anything. I don't see religion as essentially ridiculous, although, as with any topic as broad as religion, there certainly are elements that I find absurd.That is why I rail against you, well at least how I used to, but you seem to have gained the attention of the powers that be here, so I stopped.As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to treat me however you'd like. So long as you aren't seriously disrupting the forum, I'll take it all like a contributer, and not as a mod.But now your taking crap (Asana) and dressing it (him) up like a respectable gentleman once again.Let's be clear on this: my purpose in this thread is not to dignify anything Asana has to say. I just want to know what his belief system is and I don't see why you find that so worrisome as to bother trying to dissuade anyone from doing so.But you use that phrase (If we are fretthinkers, then should/nt we...) all the time to push through shit you want to discuss.No, I just use it as a way to keep other people from condemning threads that don't obviously conflict with BookTalk's mission statement. Whether or not anyone else participates in this thread is immaterial to me. I just want to make sure that Asana, who isn't currently doing anything in violation of community rules, doesn't get banned just so threads like this won't pop up.The plain truth is that some things are NOT worthy of discussion.Don't treat that as though it were objective fact. This thread may not be worthy of discussion from your point of view, but I wouldn't have started it if I didn't think it was worthwhile.And your doing it again with the Dawkins book. You say that we should NOT consider it because some of us have made our minds up, but then by that reasoning, shouldn't YOU consider it because you do NOT agree?I've read that vast majority of anti-religious manifestos that have been selected for quarterly readings over the last two years, so I hardly think I need justify my decision to skip this particular one. And it's not as though I haven't acquainted myself with Dawkins' atheistic arguments in the past. My argument against "The God Delusion" is more a matter of time than of what it means to be a freethinker. We limit ourselves to four freethought books a year, and we've already read two books of this sort in this year alone. There are other subjects within the broader umbrella of freethought, and we won't get to those as a group unless we stop putting so much attention on anti-religion books. Not to mention the fact that most of the reviews I've read of "The God Delusion" are, on the whole, negative. In fact, just about the only really compelling reason I can think of to choose "The God Delusion" is that it's getting so much attention right now that it stands a fair chance of getting BookTalk more search engine hits. But I'd rather have a good discussion on a topic that we don't cover ad nauseum than start worrying about how every book is going to canvass on the Google.But ultimately, what I've posted in the suggestion thread is just that: an argument. I haven't declared "The God Delusion" off limits. I haven't questioned the credibility of anyone who's shown interests in it. Chris is trying to foster dialog in those threads, and I've voiced my opinion.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

At the very least, should'nt this thread be in the Members Section? We should not pollute the general threads with a single person topic.Tara mentioned this and I am totally in agreement, well...I prefer to delete it of course.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - AsanaThe one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”