Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:28 am





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 522 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next
The NT was written in the 2nd century 
Author Message
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Platinum Contributor
Book Discussion Leader

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 6479
Location: Luray, Virginia
Thanks: 1916
Thanked: 2128 times in 1609 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
If we don't like the way stahrwe operates, I'd recommend that we'd need first not to engage him. As long as we do respond to him, he is engaging with us in enough of a dialogue that we can't blame just him, and under those circumstances I'd be against banning him. If he were to lose all his respondents yet begin to spam the site in a completely non-responsive way, then banning would be appropriate. We have another choice, and that is to find another site if we feel that his presence casts too big a shadow on BT. At least one member, sorely missed, appears recently to have done that. Not a good outcome for BT, but it's the reality as I see it.



The following user would like to thank DWill for this post:
Frank 013, Penelope, tat tvam asi
Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:13 pm
Profile
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Reading Addict


Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1367
Location: Florida
Thanks: 581
Thanked: 549 times in 411 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
That's true Dwill, and VOR pointed towards that very thing earlier. If no one ever quoted Stahrwe's posts and ignored him when he quotes the rest of us posting to one another and tries to butt into our posts, the troll will eventually die of starvation. I've seen a few trolls die like that at the Joseph Campbell foundation.


_________________
YEC theory put to rest!!!

https://www.ex-christian.net/


Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:44 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor


Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3564
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 1321
Thanked: 1151 times in 844 posts
Gender: Male

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
i have been trying that myself, but now and then some idiocy jumps off the screen and pleads to be head-butt into the pavement.


_________________
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.


Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:09 pm
Profile
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
One more post ought to do it.

Gold Contributor

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3257
Location: Cheshire, England
Thanks: 329
Thanked: 675 times in 521 posts
Gender: Female
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
No, not banning, I would hate for that to happen, because I haven't met anyone quite like Stahrwe....I can't imagine what mental state someone might be in to behave in such a peculiar way.

Maybe, he needs to get it out of his system.....I just don't think we are being very kind by encouraging him.


_________________
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini


Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:36 pm
Profile
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4898
Location: Florida
Thanks: 177
Thanked: 344 times in 294 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
johnson1010 wrote:
Quote:
Stahrwe said, without a glimmer of irony or Epiphany:

But by collecting a large quantity of evidence usually, a point is reached where the evidence in one direction is overwhelming."


re:
biblical error
age of the earth
evolution of life
Christianity’s status as a religion
falsehood of creationism
in-accuracy of biblical creation account
in-accuracy of biblical flood story
your lack of understanding of logic and the application thereof
categorical equivalent of Christian myths to those of other religions / fairy tales
categorical equivalent of prayer and magic
really, really believing a thing does not equate to knowledge

anyone want to jump in here to point star to relevant topics where the preponderance of evidence looms toweringly high over his contrary baseless assertions?


The above might be probative if they were based on facts and not self-serving opinion. It might also be probative if you actually had facts to support your position. For example, you can't tell me how old the earth is because you don't know and neither do I. You have a logical flaw in that you dismiss prayer without evidence and equate the idea with 'magic' despite numerous times when I have explained the difference. Your dismissal of the Bible is also not based on substanative information or even personal experience. Instead it is based on opinions of others and books whose assertions are not even wafer thin but wrong, TEoG for example. When I point out the weaknesses in a 'discussion' of the book the reaction of FreeThinkers isn't a lively discussion but an attempt to pigeonhole my objections in an off line discussion which everyone can avoid. What's up with that? I guess it's open seaon on the Bible but Bible critics don't even have to have basic fact right. Amazing. If that's the best atheists can muster Christians can just write them off. Remember Dawkins anti-God campaign? The slogan was, "There probably is not god, so relax." The worlds greatest atheist is only brazen enough to say there PROBABLY is no god?


_________________
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.


Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:43 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4898
Location: Florida
Thanks: 177
Thanked: 344 times in 294 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
Interbane wrote:
Quote:
You're going to buy a new car. You have two options, both cost $25,000. The cars appear identical but one is from a company which has been around for 80 years is known for its service and support and has a repuration for reliability, the other is a brand new company. The car is from their first production run. The company's financial strenghth is shakey and ther quality and service have never been tested. I suppose you would rate these two equally acceptable so as not to commit the appeal to tradition fallacy. Giver me a break.


Cars aren't propositions or claims to the truth. Is this what passes for convincing reasoning in your circles? Let's try sticking to logic rather than appealing to irrelevant and unrelated examples.


And I am accused of dodging. You object to the example because the answer is obvious and it is very relevant to the discussion. You are claiming that Scientilogy is as legitimate as Christianity. Scientology is the new company, Christianity is the established company. The answer is so obvious that you can't do anything but attempt to eject the question. Objection will not be sustained.

Quote:
Why on earth are you bringning up relics?


interbane wrote:
Do you have some prejudice with the word? I mean it in the general sense, everything that people build or do in the name of their beliefs.


If that is what you mean you are showing your ignorance of church history. Relics are not what you described above.

Quote:
You are flat wrong here. Courts attempt to get at the truth all the time. In court evidence is presented and evaluated. The problem is that evidence is not always perfect. But by collecting a large quantity of evidence usually, a point is reached where the evidence in one direction is overwhelming.


interbane wrote:
I am not flat out wrong here you idiot. YOU ARE WRONG! Without a doubt, absolutely wrong. You aren't using your damned brain.


They are legal concepts called:
Preponderance of the evidence.
Beyond a reasonable doubt
Beyond the shadow of a doubt


interbane wrote:
The evidence. This massive amount of evidence. It's an arrow. And what it points to is... people believe something. And that's it. Nothing else. It does NOT say anything about whether that belief is true or false. Read that sentence again. A thousand times. Stop being incorrigible.


So, if the preponderance of the eivdence points to something, what is it telling us about the thing except that it is true?

I drop a rock 1,000 times and 1,000 times it falls to the ground
If I say, "I believe that a dropped rock will fall to the ground," that belief is not true?

Quote:
At some point, after the millionth hospital has been built, and the millionth orphan has been rescued, and the millionth drunk helped back to sobriety, and the millionth Christian martyred someone standing on the corner yelling, "ad populum fallacy" isn't convincing it is just pathetic.


interbane wrote:
So you think you are correct and that the fallacy doesn't apply? Really? You're committing a fallacy, and you think that what you believe MUST be true, so therefore the fallacy MUST be wrong. Here's your sign.


I missed the sign, whatever it was supposed to be.
If you will take a deep breath, it isn't just the hospitals and history,
It is also the Bible (which you reject)
The testimony of the people (which you reject)
and numerous other things layered on top of each other.

Quote:
Are you familiar with the psychological term, projection?


interbane wrote:
I have a better question. Are YOU familiar with the psychological term projection?


Ah, that's the same question except you capitalized 'you'.

Penelope wrote:
Why are we doing this?


interbane wrote:
The things he says are false beyond the shadow of a doubt. So much so, that every time I see such a false comment, I think "all I have to do is show him how his thinking is wrong and he'll shed the delusion." I wouldn't think it's possible for someone to keep the fight going even after he's shown to be illogical. The depth of delusion is amazing, honestly. I'm not sure why I try.


The answer is simple, many people on BT are saying untrue and baseless things about my family. Those people are not willing to discuss those things rationally and reasonably and have taken extreme positions which are unsupportable. People certainly have a right to doubt and to question, but to reject the Bible, claim Jesus never existed, and charge nothing but evil and vileness to Christianity; that is a call to us to stand up to that. As long as people like Sam Harris are allowed to make outrageous statements about Christainity should we not have the right to answer those charges in the forums where they are heralded? As I write this there is an ongoing discussion of one of SH's books taking place on BT. A discussion I have been told not to participate in. Now, it is objected to that I participate here.

And I am the one who has been called a hypocrit?


_________________
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.


Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4898
Location: Florida
Thanks: 177
Thanked: 344 times in 294 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
lady of shallot wrote:
Penelope wrote:
Stahrwe has obviously made a very generous financial contribution to Booktalk.

And that is good.

But I wonder why?

He posts on here, gets verbally attacked from all directions, which I find quite distressing, even if I agree that he is delusional.......it is still a distressing situation.

Why are we doing this?


Penelope, Stahrwe made a generous contribution to the Cleveland Boys Home. Not to Booktalk. The verbal attacking is a two way street. Why do you find it distressing? Stahrwe does not. I do not. Frustrating, yes. Irritating, yes. Any one of us individually can opt to drop out of the discussion. Don't you find it interesting that Stahrwe persists in trying to convince the majority here that he is correct when we so obviously do not agree with him? Why are there no other people of his religious persuasion who have joined him? Remember Dawn who was here for a short while and IMHO under the impression that we just were not familiar with the Bible or the tenets of the various Christian sects and faiths? She is no longer posting. there is something special about Stahrwe that makes him so dogged in this. I do not know what it is. It has occurred to me that perhaps he is just toying with us? Or maybe trying to win a bet or something. I don't know. Maybe longer time members would have some insight.


Biblical knowledge has nothing to do with it. Honestly most 3rd graders who have been to Sunday School are at a high enough level to hold there own on BT. Dawn is on vacation. She may be back, may not. Joe is busy being a pastor so he hasn't been able to be active. The reason most Christians don't hang around is because atheists on BT do their best to be nasty and hostile to drive them away. If this was my opinion I would expect to be chastised for it but go back and read some of the things said to and about me when I joined BT. It was suggested that I be the subject of a psychological experiment to see how long I would stay around. I won't go into the threats made.

Frankly, I hang around for a couple of reasons, one is that I think BT has a huge potential to make CO well off, not rich but comfortable.


_________________
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.


Last edited by stahrwe on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:20 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4898
Location: Florida
Thanks: 177
Thanked: 344 times in 294 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
DWill wrote:
If we don't like the way stahrwe operates, I'd recommend that we'd need first not to engage him. As long as we do respond to him, he is engaging with us in enough of a dialogue that we can't blame just him, and under those circumstances I'd be against banning him. If he were to lose all his respondents yet begin to spam the site in a completely non-responsive way, then banning would be appropriate. We have another choice, and that is to find another site if we feel that his presence casts too big a shadow on BT. At least one member, sorely missed, appears recently to have done that. Not a good outcome for BT, but it's the reality as I see it.


A better outcome for BT is if people of faith are welcome into robust but respectful discussions.


_________________
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.


Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:24 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4898
Location: Florida
Thanks: 177
Thanked: 344 times in 294 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
tat tvam asi wrote:
That's true Dwill, and VOR pointed towards that very thing earlier. If no one ever quoted Stahrwe's posts and ignored him when he quotes the rest of us posting to one another and tries to butt into our posts, the troll will eventually die of starvation. I've seen a few trolls die like that at the Joseph Campbell foundation.


Maybe they just need some encouragement.


_________________
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.


Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:25 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4898
Location: Florida
Thanks: 177
Thanked: 344 times in 294 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
deleted duplicate


_________________
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.


Last edited by stahrwe on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:31 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4898
Location: Florida
Thanks: 177
Thanked: 344 times in 294 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
Perhaps, instead of so much energy directed at trying to run me off we could discuss;

How the error originated that Marcion wrote the Pauline epistles instead of editing them to suit his purposes.

Or, how the error originated that Mithraism influenced Christianity when the opposite is clearly the case.

Anyone interested is referred to

A History of the Expansion of Christianity, The First Five Centuries, Volume 1, Latourette, Kenneth Scott, Zondervan, 1970.

Before you answer, Google, Kenneth Scott Latourette

Then google D. M. Murdock

Check out their Wickipedia biographies.


_________________
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.


Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:32 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor


Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3564
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 1321
Thanked: 1151 times in 844 posts
Gender: Male

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
Who's attacking your family?

or by family, do you mean jesus?

at least that last part wasn't in all caps.

Quote:
I drop a rock 1,000 times and 1,000 times it falls to the ground
If I say, "I believe that a dropped rock will fall to the ground," that belief is not true?


This analogy only holds up if the belief being equated is that the christianity exists, not about whether what they believe is true.

To more accurately depict your statement that the fact of christian related artifacts (meaning art, buildings and culture) point to the accuracy of the biblical narrative, yiour analogy should have looked like this:

"If i look at a rock a thousand times and believe it is made out of cheese, is that belief not true?"

And the answer is no it is not true. The rock is still made of rock.

Read the following very, very carefully, as it has already been breached in this discussion like 8 or 9 times but you haven't picked up on it.

The fact that people have made art about christianity, only shows that they were interested in it. That could mean belief, or satire or whatever. it does NOT mean that christianity is true.

The fact that people erected buildings for christian worship is ONLY proof that they had need of such buildings to practice their religion. Inferred proof, as well, that they were passionate about their religion and thought it was the truth. That does NOT mean that the story of christianity's myths is true.
did you follow that part? "Really, really, believing a thing does not equate to knowledge."

Really, really believing that stone is cheese does NOT make it cheese.
Really, sincerely believing the myths of christianity does NOT make it true.

the fact that christians have founded hospitols is proof that these christians were interested in health care. that is NOT proof that christian myths were true.

the fact that christians have founded colleges means they were interested in education. that is NOT proof that christian myths were true.

Take any one of these stipulations and remove christianity and insert hinduism and the EXACT same thing will be true of them.

acts done in the name of a belief do not in any way equate to the truth of that belief.

I went through and explained all that in as simple terms as i could muster at the moment. I hope this will help, but i know it has not.


_________________
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.


The following user would like to thank johnson1010 for this post:
Frank 013
Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:33 pm
Profile
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Reading Addict


Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1367
Location: Florida
Thanks: 581
Thanked: 549 times in 411 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
Johnson, I know that 40 percent poll includes a wide variety of people, perhaps not all just like Stahrwe, but it's only 40 percent in anycase. So it's the minority right away being only 40 percent out of a hundred. Then when we factor in the people who do not believe just like this but were thrown in anyways, the percentage drops even more. And the high number will probably steadily decline to 30 and then 20 percent and so on.

I'm sure that with time there won't be very many people left who would even think the NT was written in the first century. Especially not with all of the evidence out there that GodAlmighty provided in the series which is out there and available. It's all there for the taking and I do hope that he can manage to write a book based on the evidence provided. The way he zeroed in on the possible explanation for Q was outstanding in my opinion. Hopefully this gets around the web and many people get a chance to see it and possibly use it as the basis to launch their own projects - books and videos. If GodAlmighty does't ever get around to making a book out of it I'm sure some one else will. It's just a matter of time.


_________________
YEC theory put to rest!!!

https://www.ex-christian.net/


The following user would like to thank tat tvam asi for this post:
Frank 013, johnson1010
Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:27 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Worthy of Worship


Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2021
Location: NY
Thanks: 560
Thanked: 171 times in 118 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
Quote:
Stahrwe
You object to the example because the answer is obvious and it is very relevant to the discussion. You are claiming that Scientilogy is as legitimate as Christianity. Scientology is the new company, Christianity is the established company. The answer is so obvious that you can't do anything but attempt to eject the question. Objection will not be sustained.

Actually stahrwe you are so off base it should embarrass you… the example is not relivant... the claims of a car company (sighting your example) are observable, documented, and confirmable… The fantastic claims made by both Christianity and The Church of Scientology are not observable, are both equally and badly documented as a single document claiming to hold ultimate wisdom and truth and neither claims are even remotely confirmable… on these grounds they are alike and comparable.

And the objection is sustained in the BT court of opinion… :P

Later


_________________
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.


The following user would like to thank Frank 013 for this post:
tat tvam asi
Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:48 pm
Profile Email
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4898
Location: Florida
Thanks: 177
Thanked: 344 times in 294 posts
Gender: Male
Country: United States (us)

Post Re: The NT was written in the 2nd century
I have no problem with anything I have posted on BT, but I am embarassed everytime I remember browbeating that poor girl in my High School class for believing in Jesus.

It would be nice to see something original on BT instead of some video we can't even discuss. I suggest that any brave enough commit to discussing, Anselm's Discovery; A Re-Examination of the Ontological Proof for God's Existence, Charles Hartshorne,* Open Court Publishing, 1991.


[url]
http://www25.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles ... horne.html
[/url]


_________________
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.


Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:17 pm
Profile Email
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 522 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:



Site Resources 
HELPFUL INFO:
Forum Rules & Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
BBCode Explained
Author Interview Transcripts
Be a Book Discussion Leader!

IDEAS FOR WHAT TO READ:
Bestsellers
Book Awards
• Book Reviews
• Online Books
• Team Picks
Newspaper Book Sections

WHERE TO BUY BOOKS:
• Great resource pages are coming!

BEHIND THE BOOKS:
• Great resource pages are coming!

PROMOTE YOUR BOOK!
Advertise on BookTalk.org
How To Promote Your Book





BookTalk.org is a thriving book discussion forum, online reading group or book club. We read and talk about both fiction and non-fiction books as a community. Our forums are open to anyone in the world. While discussing books is our passion we also have active forums for talking about poetry, short stories, writing and authors. Our general discussion forum section includes forums for discussing science, religion, philosophy, politics, history, current events, arts, entertainment and more. We hope you join us!


Navigation 
MAIN NAVIGATION

HOMEFORUMSOUR BOOKSAUTHOR INTERVIEWSADVERTISELINKSFAQDONATETERMS OF USEPRIVACY POLICYSITEMAP

OTHER PAGES WORTH EXPLORING
Banned Book ListOnline Reading GroupTop 10 Atheism Books

Copyright © BookTalk.org 2002-2019. All rights reserved.
Display Pagerank