• In total there are 58 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

The Modis - A steampunk adventure novel in early 1800s

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
JDLaverty
Official Newbie!

The Modis - A steampunk adventure novel in early 1800s

Unread post

I'm promoting my first book of fiction, The Mōdis.
It is the early 1800s. Smoke billows from the factories in a ceaseless stream of darkness that brings with it a cultural revolution. The world is rapidly changing, and for 14 year old Jacob Littleton, that's not the half of it. Accidentally separated from his sister, Jacob Allies himself with a mysterious stranger, embarking on an adventure that will pit him against a nefarious villain and mysterious organizations. Swept up in a skyfaring adventure of intrigue, Jacob makes his mark on history as he searches for his sister and learns what it is to be The Mōdis.

More info here: http://www.joshlaverty.com/p/the-modis.html
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: The Modis - A steampunk adventure novel in early 1800s

Unread post

Hi, J.D., and :welcome: to Book Talk. :btw: You really need to do a post on "Introduce Yourself" and tell us a bit more about 'yourself'. :wink: Your book sounds interesting, I like Steampunk, probably because I enjoyed reading Jules Verne and H. G. Wells when I was growing up. :hmm: I will follow your link and let you know more.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
JDLaverty
Official Newbie!

Re: The Modis - A steampunk adventure novel in early 1800s

Unread post

Thanks for the welcome Cattleman! Unfortunately I work at a summer camp and will basically go internet silent from next week until September. I don't want to promise conversation and then let people down.

The book has a heavy historical bent to it, and readers have said that it isn't so steampunkish to be unnapproachable.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”