• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The highest level of education I have attained is

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

The highest level of education I have attained is

Unread post

The highest level of education I have attained isResults (total votes = 8):Highschool Graduate&nbsp1 / 12.5%&nbsp Associates Degree&nbsp1 / 12.5%&nbsp Bachelors Degree&nbsp6 / 75.0%&nbsp Masters Degree&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspDoctorate Degree&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp
Murray Graham
Experienced

Re: The highest level of education I have attained is

Unread post

oops...being a high school drop out, I don't register...Regards,M. Graham Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books.For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring,but to him they are but toys of the moment,to be overturned with the flick of a finger. -- Gordon R.Dickson
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

These damn polls only allow 5 choices. You do count!
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Good for you Murray! I would never have thought that at all, the way you handle yourself!What is the purpose of this anyway? I for one do not care...I have more respect for the drop out who can think and discuss than I do for someone with a PhD who cannot. (Think Kent Hovind). Even GWB got a BS (no pun intended) from Yale and Masters from Harvard! And what a simple bastard he is!It is all about the person...what they can do... regardless of what any institution's piece of paper says. One problem with our society is that emphasis is placed on a piece of paper...and without a piece of paper, otherwise qualified people do not get the job...or get paid much less than those who do have that paper. Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Murray Graham
Experienced

Unread post

Actually, I've one year of university, but by and large, my insatiable reading has been my education.Regards,M. Graham Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books.For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring,but to him they are but toys of the moment,to be overturned with the flick of a finger. -- Gordon R.Dickson
ADO15

Unread post

Too right, Murray. I'm largely an autodidact, but I got the chance to go to college as a mature student, and I found that my previous experience helped me a long way toward *blushes* a First. _________________________________________________________Il Sotto Seme La Neva
0Lion0Eyes0

Unread post

Hmmm, have a Bachelor's degree & have taken some classes towards a Masters. But I have recently considered going back to get a degree in writing. I think I would get so much more out of it now, at 28, than I would have at 18, fresh out of high school. & now that I have a established a career and a household, etc., I could pursue something like writing, and studying, on the side perhaps. I know too many people who got an english degree first and then had to go back and train for a "Real job." So I think I did things right.Beyond that, I have always wanted to be a lifelong student, to learn more than to get a bunch of degrees. I doubt I will have the patience to ever get another degree, or to even finish my Masters.
AntyNet0914

Unread post

I wouldn't feel to bad about dropping out of HS.I dropped out. But I went to a REALLY horrible public school (I almost got shot my freshman year, and my history teacher told me its BAD TO READ!). I also got my GED, attended 4 years of college, and also attened a year of culinary school.I often think of my college degree as a "really expensive piece of paper". There is so much more to life then that. But hey, that is just my opinion. And we all know what they are like.....-Antoinette
Keith and Company

Unread post

Quote:than I do for someone with a PhD who cannot. (Think Kent Hovind).2+2 equals 5, for sufficiently large values of '2.'Hovind is a PhD only for sufficiently loose definitions of PhD.Quote:But hey, that is just my opinion. And we all know what they are like.....And in both cases, no one knows what yours is like unless you air it.For the poll, i have a high school diploma. And various technical/leadership/human resources courses taken in uniform. Keith's Place
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

The purpose of this thread was simply to stimulate discussion on the subject of the value and importance of higher education. I'm in agreement with just about everything said in this thread.I'm currently working in real estate and not even using my college degree. I've got mixed feelings on college and have done my sharing if discouraging young people from wasting their time and money on something that simply is not essential to their success.

Return to “Everything Else”