• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Favored Child

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Stephanie
Official Newbie!

The Favored Child

Unread post

It's the 2nd novel in a 3 book set called "Wideacre" saga by Philippa Gregory. I saw the first book at Coles and just bought it not knowing how I would like it. I've never read anything by the author so I left it up to chance. It's alright. Not a favourite but good enough for me to read the second book.
The female characters are very strong. The description is very well written, I feel as though I am there when I'm reading. It's very... scandalous, I guess is the right word.
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Re: The Favored Child

Unread post

I love Philippa Gregory. Great body of work! But yeah, that book isn't doing so well.

I like Historical Fiction but not so much Historical Romances (from The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/apr/1 ... .booksnews) - a few exceptions like AK and other Great Works natch but I couldn't take a steady diet of romance novels, historical or not. That's just my own personal preference.

Have you read The White Queen yet? What did you think of that?
Booklady

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Return to “What are you currently reading?”