• In total there are 30 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Event (TV show)

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Randy Kadish
Cunning Linguist

The Event (TV show)

Unread post

Has anyone else been watching it? I'm curious to hear your opinion.

Personally, I'm disappointed. I feel I'm watching a cross between Lost and 24.

Also, I have trouble with the whole idea of aliens. It just doesn't seem believable.

Finally, I don't find the characters especially interesting.

Randy
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Re: The Event (TV show)

Unread post

I'm watching it, and I believe that if they hadn't cancelled our last few favorites this would not make the cut. We spend very little time watching tv, so if Flash Forward, The Dollhouse, or The Chronicles of Sarah Connor were still running we probably would be watching those and not even know this one existed. I don't like the aliens either, but at least they were up front with it, it wasn't written in hastily to advance a withering story line. We like some of the characters, and the story is ok.
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”