• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The End of Faith - cheap on Amazon UK

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
mal4mac

The End of Faith - cheap on Amazon UK

Unread post

The ppbk was half price on Amazon UK last time I looked, if you want a bargain.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: The End of Faith - cheap on Amazon UK

Unread post

I'm enjoying reading your posts in other forums on BookTalk. This forum is for creating an Introduction post. I suggest you create a new thread, within this forum, and tell us about yourself. And then feel free to treat that new thread as your own personal journal, where you're free to post and interact with other members, but where the focus is you and only you.
mal4mac

Unread post

Hi Chris, note I don't work for Amazon UK. I am based in the UK so thought I'd just pass on a tip for any readers.I've an interest in discussing "The End of Faith" because I have bought the book and like a good heated discussion (as two Jehovah's have just found out!). I found your site by accident so I was pleased to see you were just about to launch a discussion on this book.I've never believed in Christ, at least post my belief in Santa Claus, and am eternally amazed that anyone can still believe in Christian dogma. I feel the same about the other Abrahamic religions. I admire some of the philiosophical and psychological aspects of Buddhism but am not a Buddhist. There is no evidence for reincarnation, karma, rainbow bodies, or the specialness of gurus. But meditation is about the only thing that stops me arguing with myself and others (hey, everyone needs a break).My favourite thinker is Richard Dawkins and I hope this group decides to review the 30th anniversary edition of the Selfish Gene which I read when it came out thirty years ago during my first year of college (ah bliss was it in that dawn to be alive!)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Quote:I've an interest in discussing "The End of Faith" because I have bought the book and like a good heated discussion (as two Jehovah's have just found out!). I found your site by accident so I was pleased to see you were just about to launch a discussion on this book.I'd love to hear of your talks with the two JW's! And I hope you'll be sticking around for the End of Faith discussion. In fact that forum is now open and ready, so jump in at any time.

Return to “Everything Else”