• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
capecodindependant

The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Unread post

This is an amazing book for all those astrophysics/cosmology/superstring buffs out there.According to string theory there are multiple demensions beyond the 2,3 and 4 demensions-There are 11 and 12th demensions.Its an amazing book.
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Re: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Unread post

How is it for someone with little knowledge in those fields? I am very interested in the subject and have a basic knowledge of physics and math (I've taken pre-calc and 200 level Physics) but I have only passing knowledge of string theory.
yellowlight

Re: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Unread post

This book is fine reading for all levels. Also his second book "The Fabric of the Cosmos" is very good. Greene was on Letterman Tuesday night and he did a great job speaking so that the audience could understand the theory.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Re: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Unread post

I added both of these books to our new database page.Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 3/27/05 9:01 pm

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”