• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The Coup against Donald Trump

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Re: The Coup against Donald Trump

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:Democrats don't love America. They love some perverted concept about what America should be, and they need iron-fisted power to ram that concept down the throats of American citizens. Democrats love power. And they will stop at nothing to secure that power.
Despite the rant that went with it, I found myself contemplating this from time to time since then. I have trouble taking the source seriously, but I find it to be a statement of honest emotional reaction.

To a Progressive, of course, the idea that wanting to see America become what it should be is an obvious part of loving the country. How would you love your family or your children without wanting them to be their best?

Yet I remember trying to reassure my sons that even though we often corrected them and pressured them, still they are "perfect". It's difficult to explain to someone who hasn't had kids. And I feel that a major part of the conservative reaction to Progressive reformism is exactly the feeling of rejecting criticism: of feeling that they have plenty on their plate already and don't need some busybody telling them what to drive or what to eat or how to behave with their neighbors. Are they supposed to take orders from some Ph.D. in Sociology?

Of course the bit about needing iron-fisted power to impose Progressive "ought to's" is a load of hooey, but I can see how people would feel that way. I have been leaning toward leaving cake bakers and other idiosyncratic discriminators alone, for quite some time now. I think persuasion is far stronger, more satisfying and more healthy than enforcement. The anti-theist movement spawned, among other things, a movement to outlaw circumcision of children. Holy crap! Why not just banish Jews altogether? I mean, this is over-the-top insensitivity.

So I ask myself, how accepting can I be of people whose views differ and who feel entitled to them by tradition?
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

The Russians did interfere in our 2016 election, with the purpose of helping Trump win. Regardless of how this information came to light, these are the damning facts

Interesting how the right has changed the narrative, either by pooh-poohing the interference: "This is nothing new. Hey, we do it too!" Or the National Enquirer version: "Obama, Comey, Brennan, and Clapper aided Russian efforts to divide Americans with ‘Spygate’"

The right also seems to have embraced the narrative that Robert Mueller is a villain. He should be disbarred. He should be jailed!

But again, those damning facts. Shoot the messengers, but you still have a sitting POTUS who was aided and abetted by a foreign government and who, as President, has done absolutely nothing to protect our elections against foreign meddling.
-Geo
Question everything
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:Democrats don't love America. They love some perverted concept about what America should be, and they need iron-fisted power to ram that concept down the throats of American citizens. Democrats love power. And they will stop at nothing to secure that power.
That statement attempts to maintain divisiveness, just as a blanket condemnation of Republicans would be intended to do. Democrats don't love America? They have a perverted concept of America? Why, because they've objected to our leader mimicking Stalin with his press-as-enemy-of-the-people charge? Because they've wanted to protect the integrity of our elections against foreign interference, while our leader shrugs at the reality of it? Because they object to the censuring of of scientific findings, the discarding of relationships with democratic allies, the attacks by our president on private citizens, and the acquiescence to the president's blatant falsehoods? Those represent the actions of patriots, whether in the past they have voted Democrat or Republican.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

DWill wrote:. . . Democrats don't love America? . . . Because they object to the censuring of scientific findings, the discarding of relationships with democratic allies, the attacks by our president on private citizens, and the acquiescence to the president's blatant falsehoods? Those represent the actions of patriots, whether in the past they have voted Democrat or Republican.
I think this is what is meant by 'identity politics,' if I understand what the term means. Before Trump, if you had asked anyone whether they think a president should be honest with the American people, I think you would have received a resounding 'yes' from both the left and right. Should a sitting president have a basic understanding of science and history? Same thing. Should a president try only to represent the interests of his/her own party? Only those whose identities are based on partisan politics would respond with 'yes.'

With Trump we have seen a wholesale jettisoning of things like honor and integrity, not to mention patriotism. For example, don't we all want to fight for the integrity of our free elections? Shouldn't we all be opposed to foreign attempts to infiltrate our elections? I would like to think this is a concern for all Americans, politics be damned.
-Geo
Question everything
vizitelly
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Balzac wrote : "Behind every great fortune is a great crime." Balzac was a Monarchist and a Conservative and certainly enjoyed the fruits of his success, but he had a sharp eye and an inquisitive nose for corruption and the mealy-mouthed rhetoric - the stench of a rotting establishment - that accompanies it.
Literature teaches many things, among them that there is very little honesty in politics, and even less integrity. The modus operandi of democratic politics is to put in place as many checks, balances and regulations as possible, along with clear and powerful oversight, to stop the crooked bastards taking the nation to the cleaners. That is what has been put in limbo and Trump is simply the latest manifestation; in the UK we are facing the possibility of a mini-minor Trump in the person of Johnson. The only way out - and it is a long road - is to vote for policy, not personality.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

The Mueller phase of the coup against Trump can now be put to bed. An EXCELLENT summation of how Mr. Mueller passed through the grinder last week:

Highlights: Watch House Republicans Tear Mueller Apart At Hearing
infowars.com/highlights-watch-house-rep ... t-hearing/

Now we can get on to the real meat of the meal--how Obama, Hillary Clinton, and the heads of the FBI and the Dept of Justice tried to contain the Trump phenomenon. A mole was illegally sent into the Trump campaign. Trump's opposition never thought he'd win, but they wanted "insurance" anyway. And Obama wanted "to know everything."

POTUS wants to know everything
duckduckgo.com/?q=potus+wants+to+know+e ... amp;ia=web

The Inspector General will release his report on FISA abuses and other things connected to the coup before long. Mueller seemed to not even know what Fusion GPS or the Steele dossier were. Hillary Clinton used Fusion to pay for a fake dossier. The dossier was supposed to be proof that Russia tried to help Trump and hurt Clinton in the election. Leftists were so mesmerized by the mainstream media's mis-reporting of this Big Lie that they never even asked how Trump hiring prostitutes to pee on his bed would help him in the race. Hopefully they're coming out of their daze now, after the Mueller fiasco.

Atty General Barr appointed John Durham to look into Spygate, and his report should be coming out soon. We might see some indictments from that:

DOJ Letter Reveals Broad Scope of John Durham’s Spygate Investigation – “Much Larger Than Previously Known”
thegatewaypundit.com/2019/06/new-doj-le ... really-is/

Just today Trump jettisoned his national intelligence director. The man who'll most likely replace him was one of the bulldogs at the Mueller bloodbath:

Coats out as national intel director, clashed with Trump
https://apnews.com/6ad59c9104dc425bba166de4b9723612

And the Clintons' old buddy Jeffrey Epstein is in the news again. The pedophile with the island that Bill and Hillary liked to visit. He's locked up and has a hell of a black book of names. Some folks say he's foreign intelligence, and that may be, but he's in a lot of trouble. Attorney General Barr may be able to get some useful information out of him. We shall see.

It's interesting that Trump has pushed for the reinstatement of the federal death penalty, and 4 of the first 5 to be executed committed heinous crimes against children. They'll be gone in December or January.

Because the Mueller coup against Trump has finally been exposed, and Epstein's in the news, and the federal death penalty is back, I expect we're about to see some housecleaning in Washington.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote: Now we can get on to the real meat of the meal--how Obama, Hillary Clinton, and the heads of the FBI and the Dept of Justice tried to contain the Trump phenomenon. A mole was illegally sent into the Trump campaign.
I'm betting not a single law was broken. One thing we know for sure is that none of the "dirt" on Trump was released before the election. Of course this could be because there was so much already. Trump was on the record saying he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose support. More plausibly, the DOJ wanted to gather information and see if there was anything really nefarious going on or just Manafort and Gates trying to meet their debts by dangling a little prospect of inside info.
KindaSkolarly wrote:Trump's opposition never thought he'd win, but they wanted "insurance" anyway. And Obama wanted "to know everything."
I don't find it plausible that anyone was "spying" as "insurance". Probably true that they thought he would lose. But in general, his track record of criminal and scurrilous behavior was sufficiently long to make it criminally irresponsible not to check on indications of inside relations with Moscow. What they were insuring against was probably the possibility of being sent to jail for failing to enforce the laws of the country.
KindaSkolarly wrote:The Inspector General will release his report on FISA abuses and other things connected to the coup before long. Mueller seemed to not even know what Fusion GPS or the Steele dossier were. Hillary Clinton used Fusion to pay for a fake dossier. The dossier was supposed to be proof that Russia tried to help Trump and hurt Clinton in the election.
After hearing all the Republican blather (none of which, by the way, even attempted to refute Dear Leader's obstruction of Justice, most obvious at the point of asking the White House counsel to lie for him, for which he could be disbarred if not sent to jail) I see no reason to believe there was anything abusive about the FISA process. If Barr sticks to form, he will claim that some of the behavior was untoward and suspect, and try to support the story of a plot, even though he has not a single legal leg to stand on.

I could be wrong, of course. Judges, Republican FBI agents, careerist law enforcement professionals (whose ethics so tower above Dear Leader's that one can simply not take seriously the President's word in any clash of claims about fact, any more than Putin's) could have had a sudden attack of politically motivated blindness and set aside their responsibilities to try to do in a fairly disgusting politician. Such things have happened. But so far I have not been given a single reason to believe the process was anything other than a by-the-book investigation that some obviously politically motivated people didn't like the results of.

The most interesting line of questioning, to me, concerned some suggestions that maybe Moscow manipulated the whole business, setting up a fraudulent meeting on the excuse of passing on dirt but actually just to have Dear Leader by the cojones. In this version, Steele was manipulated with kompromat planted by the Kremlin, and the suggestion would be that the Moscow Trump Tower deal was likewise dangled just to get Trump in a compromised position. It was kind of interesting to hear a Republican putting the dots out there that connect to their Dear Leader being an unwilling tool of the Kremlin, but maybe they figure with him meeting privately with Putin already, and destroying the notes of the interpreter, they have nothing more to lose from that set of implications. Of course the questioner wanted to imply that Mueller should have pursued these questions, and maybe he should have, but it is a much more plausible narrative than the deep state coup story.
KindaSkolarly wrote:Leftists were so mesmerized by the mainstream media's mis-reporting of this Big Lie that they never even asked how Trump hiring prostitutes to pee on his bed would help him in the race.
Umm, the claim is supposed to be that Trump is such a fool that he would go along with this honey trap just to see the bed soiled where Obama slept. In Woodward's book "Fear" this claim sounded implausible to me just because the hotel was known to be thoroughly bugged, and I had trouble believing that even Obama would stay in such a place. On the other hand, it may be that anyone of any consequence who visits Moscow just expects to be watched all the time. Still, is it plausible that Trump was that stupid? He has some very stupid spots in his picture of the world, but I would have said he was both too paranoid and too cagey to get caught in such a trap.
KindaSkolarly wrote:Atty General Barr appointed John Durham to look into Spygate, and his report should be coming out soon. We might see some indictments from that:
Don't get your hopes up.
KindaSkolarly wrote:And the Clintons' old buddy Jeffrey Epstein is in the news again. The pedophile with the island that Bill and Hillary liked to visit. He's locked up and has a hell of a black book of names. Some folks say he's foreign intelligence, and that may be, but he's in a lot of trouble. Attorney General Barr may be able to get some useful information out of him. We shall see.
One sick puppy, is our boy Jeffrey. Smooth, though, apparently. Good at sucking up to the rich and powerful, and some eye for the men with the weakness for, um, nubile flesh. Useful information? I don't think even Barr could get him to spill beans on Bill Clinton without also facing the prospect of his spilling beans on Dear Leader. Immunity doesn't work that way.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:
KindaSkolarly wrote: I'm betting not a single law was broken....
You should bet with your head instead of your heart. What do we know about the coup so far?
*The FBI placed a spy in the Trump campaign.
*The spy did what FBI spies do...tried to entrap.
*Obama found out what was going on and asked to be kept informed.
*Trump's opponent, the wicked witch of the east, paid a foreigner to make up some stuff about Trump and put it in an official-looking dossier.
*John McCain picked up the dossier for the witch and brought it to America
*The dossier was used to launch a two-year witch hunt against Trump
*Mueller knew 2-6 months into the investigation that there was no Russia collusion, but he persisted and leaked misinformation to the news media
*The mainstream media knew it was reporting bullshit but did it anyway
*Rank-and-file leftists stomped around for years in tin foil battle gear demanding that Trump resign, be impeached, be killed and so on.
*Then the Mother of All Conspiracy Theories...just died. The juggernaut stopped in its tracks. The rank-and-file tries to keep its tin foil battle gear shiny, but time corrodes. Polish away, haters. Buff, buff, never enough.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

The political establishment had stopped talking about impeaching Donald Trump, and then suddenly this week there was a rush to impeach. Because of a phone call.

Look at this clip, between roughly the 3:45 and 5:30 minute marks. Congressman Adam Schiff is talking about the Trump phone call, "imagining" what it sounded like.

Rep. Adam Schiff's full opening statement on whistleblower complaint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN4CJ8MYLTY

The thing is, America's daytime television was interrupted so that this could be fed to American households. ABC, CBS, NBC pre-empted their soap operas to feed Schiff's garbage to the Democratic base (unemployed drugged-up welfare recipients). It appears that the leftist media was trying to hypnotize (literally) people into thinking that Trump said those things. Brazen. Amazing.

Meanwhile, Trump continues to push nationalism over globalism. In his speech at the UN the other day he pissed off a lot of people with his rhetoric. From the belly of the globalist beast he preached nationalism. It was wonderful to behold. The link below goes to a 10-minute clip from that speech. The commentator on the video analyzes body language. She has an interesting site if you've never looked at it:

Body Language – Trump United Nations Assembly
bombardsbodylanguage.com/2019/09/25/bod ... -assembly/

Trump was not supposed to get elected. He interrupted what Steve Bannon calls the "managed decline" of America. America's political establishment is bent on destroying our country, but we've been given a respite with Trump.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

KS wrote:Look at this clip, between roughly the 3:45 and 5:30 minute marks. Congressman Adam Schiff is talking about the Trump phone call, "imagining" what it sounded like.
There is no imagination on Mr. Schiff's part. He is accurately summarizing the direct take-away messages behind that conversation, not providing a verbatim quote from the transcript. As Schiff has stated elsewhere, "My point is, that’s the message that the Ukraine president was receiving in not so many words."

A few Republicans appear to be waking up.
"If there’s one issue, Brianna, that has been eating at this country for the last three years, it’s foreign interference in our election," Walsh said. "And here’s the president of the United States just a couple months ago on this call — it’s quite literally like he’s giving his middle finger to the American people. ‘I don’t care about that. I’m going to ask another government to interfere in our 2020 election. I dare you to come get me.’ He’s giving the country the middle finger and Republicans better understand that.”
Joe Walsh 9/27/19
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... dle-finger

Return to “Current Events & History”