Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
The Coup against Donald Trump 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Banned

Post Re: The Coup against Donald Trump
Here's a good bit of video. What Comey, Clapper, Brennan and others did was SO illegal, they should be executed for treason. Or that's the opinion of the panelist in this piece, and he's a DEMOCRAT:

Fmr CIA operative, Dem voter bluntly says Comey, Brennan should get death penalty for coup against Trump
bizpacreview.com/2020/05/04/fmr-cia-ope ... ump-916867

America's intelligence agencies attempted to undo the election of a president. Hillary Clinton and John McCain were also involved in the coup, and probably Obama. He wanted to be kept informed according to evidence. Everything is now in place to bring charges, so we shall see. I doubt that anything will happen because our Attorney General is a longtime Washingtonian. He goes back to the Bush 1 days. But it would be a good idea to fairly try and execute Comey and Brennan, so that the swamp creatures in Washington are reminded of the possible cost of their treasons.

Tue May 05, 2020 9:20 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

KS wrote:
What Comey, Clapper, Brennan and others did was SO illegal

It was SO illegal, the most tremendous of illegals. If I had to say it was illegal I'd be like yeah, it was the most illegal thing I've ever seen. No one's ever seen anything so illegal. And I know. People know I'm the smartest person there is when it comes to knowing illegalisms.

The following user would like to thank Interbane for this post:
Harry Marks
Wed May 06, 2020 7:42 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

KindaSkolarly wrote:
Here's a good bit of video. What Comey, Clapper, Brennan and others did was SO illegal, they should be executed for treason. Or that's the opinion of the panelist in this piece, and he's a DEMOCRAT:

Not just illegal but sooo illegal—according to a former CIA analyst, now a political pundit, who made his comments on the "Fox and Friends" entertainment segment of Fox TV.

Yeah, sorry, I'll go with constitutional law experts.

There might be legitimate arguments that Comey and others were misguided or or overtly political or even unlawful, but to post this tripe from Fox & Friends does not make a a very convincing case.

Neither is it relevant that the former CIA analyst is a registered Democrat. Do we get special compensation when we jump political lines? Is a former White Sox fan a better Red Sox fan when he converts? Is Christian dogma somehow more credible when an atheist finds God? For every instance of conversion, you'll find another where the conversion went the other way. It proves nothing except that people are groupish, and the reasons for joining one group over another are often capricious and irrational.

Wed May 06, 2020 11:26 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

Deplorable left wing media caught using video from Italy for NY hospital crises to build and continue its narrative

Quote:
A CBS News program used a brief clip from an Italian hospital in a segment about the coronavirus crisis in New York City.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cbs-n ... -hospital/

Wed May 06, 2020 11:31 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

ant wrote:
Deplorable left wing media caught using video from Italy for NY hospital crises to build and continue its narrative

Quote:
A CBS News program used a brief clip from an Italian hospital in a segment about the coronavirus crisis in New York City.

Is sensationism or simply sloppy reporting a left wing trait?

Wed May 06, 2020 11:54 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

geo wrote:
ant wrote:

Quote:

Is sensationism or simply sloppy reporting a left wing trait?

I think in this case sensationalism isn't the right word and "sloppy reporting" at this level of journalism is better left for high school journalism clubs run by adolescents who likely have better editors QC'ing the legitimacy of their publications to the student body.

My god.

Wed May 06, 2020 12:25 pm
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

ant wrote:
geo wrote:
Is sensationalism or simply sloppy reporting a left wing trait?

I think in this case sensationalism isn't the right word and "sloppy reporting" at this level of journalism is better left for high school journalism clubs run by adolescents who likely have better editors QC'ing the legitimacy of their publications to the student body.

My god.

I used to be a reporter for a daily newspaper. I remember once during "pasteup" seeing a glaring typo on one of the front page headlines. And the editor didn't want to mess with it at first because it was was right on deadline. It was 10 p.m. and everyone wanted to go home. I can easily imagine a similar deadline for the people putting together that news segment on CBS. They needed a graphic to go with the story and someone came up with the clip from an Italian hospital. It might have been an underling making a mistake or just not knowing better or an editor being off that day or a thousand other reasons. Indeed, I'm sure those kinds of errors happen all the time in the news business, and the vast majority of them are not part of a left wing conspiracy. Bias happens all the time, but so does being in a hurry and making mistakes, all aspects of being human.

The following user would like to thank geo for this post:
Harry Marks
Wed May 06, 2020 1:27 pm

Gold Contributor

geo wrote:
ant wrote:
geo wrote:
Is sensationalism or simply sloppy reporting a left wing trait?

My god.

I used to be a reporter for a daily newspaper. I remember once during "pasteup" seeing a glaring typo on one of the front page headlines. And the editor didn't want to mess with it at first because it was was right on deadline. It was 10 p.m. and everyone wanted to go home. I can easily imagine a similar deadline for the people putting together that news segment on CBS. They needed a graphic to go with the story and someone came up with the clip from an Italian hospital. It might have been an underling making a mistake or just not knowing better or an editor being off that day or a thousand other reasons. Indeed, I'm sure those kinds of errors happen all the time in the news business, and the vast majority of them are not part of a left wing conspiracy. Bias happens all the time, but so does being in a hurry and making mistakes, all aspects of being human.

Sorry - but that was then and this is now.

Photo metadata is such an elementary check prior to using it. It literally takes two seconds to verify its context.

I mean, this isn't a piece that's going out to the local neighborhood or school. We're talking about global distribution here.

If this is simply deadline oversight then a lot of the staff over at CBS are a bunch of dunsels that need a different career.

I understand why its important to defend them though.
Joe Biden is counting on this pandemic narrative.. It's only natural his supporters would find a way to make anything stick.

Wed May 06, 2020 2:13 pm
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

ant wrote:
. . . I understand why its important to defend them though.
Joe Biden is counting on this pandemic narrative.. It's only natural his supporters would find a way to make anything stick.

What I actually said was that human error very likely contributed to the use of a video clip of an Italian hospital in that news report. Worst case scenario, the news station is guilty of sensationalizing news. Without a single shred of evidence, you allege that the TV station was "caught" pushing a liberal narrative.

So, yes, there does seem to be a false narrative, and it's all coming from you.

Wed May 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Gold Contributor

Based on the liberal media's constant fear mongering, finger pointing, and biased reporting, I stand by my speculative claim as strongly as your speculation that this is just either error or sensationalism.

Frankly, sensationalizing this beyond what it already has been is nearly just as bad as intentional subterfuge.. It is irresponsible and dangerous.

If it is indeed "error" then it is a very, very dumb error for reasons I've previously stated.

Wed May 06, 2020 5:44 pm
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

So this was all just an "error"

Quote:
CBS News acknowledged the error. A spokesperson said, “It was an editing mistake. We took immediate steps to remove it from all platforms and shows.”

and yet.,

Quote:
A week later, however, CBS News apparently used a very brief bit of that Italian footage again while referencing coronavirus cases in Pennsylvania

Third time is a charm, I'm guess.

Wed May 06, 2020 5:53 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Beyond Genius

Silver Contributor

PSfB does not need CBS news to make him look bad. PSfB is a libertarian fool who has single-handedly dragged the USA into an economic mess. PSfB and his like minded creeps in Congress have loaded the courts with willfully anachronistic jurists, that have enabled his wildest liaises-faire fantasies to become reality. PSfB is a putrid curse placed on the world by a bunch of thoughtless Social-Darwinist who are perfectly comfortable farting in close quarters. PSfB is tottering on his heels, recent polling proves as much. PSfB is a failure of leadership: unless you are some of what I have described, then PSfB is an ideal leader. ( I just vomited a little, “ideal leader”...my sweaty ass PSfB’s an ideal leader.) . PSfB and his standard bearers are dumb, obtuse, self-absorbed, deniers of who they truly are, they are liars with regards to who/what they want to be. PSfB’s and his supporters disdain paying taxes. Libertarians disdain paying taxes as well. Libertarians have shit for brains. Libertarians are going to destroy the world. Libertarians are monstrous cash and fear mongers who’s only desires is chaos. PSfB is a chaotic leader, ideal for the chaos of libertarians who are incapable of proving a thing. I find it interesting that these Social- Darwinist’s deny the full scope of Neo-Darwin evolution but invest their all into crushing the world via those exact same principles. Coup against PSfB? What a delusion!. PSfB is leading a coup against thinking, a true crime against humanity.

Wed May 06, 2020 6:52 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

ant wrote:
Based on the liberal media's constant fear mongering, finger pointing, and biased reporting, I stand by my speculative claim as strongly as your speculation that this is just either error or sensationalism.

I'm inundated with right wing fear mongering. Fear the media, fear the government shutting things down to remove our liberties, fear 5g towers, fear Bill Gates, fear China, etc. It's a hurricane of fear, all misdirected. Trumps inept preparedness? Point the finger at China for not alerting us and Obama for not preparing us. Point the finger at the impeachment for distracting him. When all else fails, pretend it's all a hoax. Then point the finger at Democratic governors for locking us down. Point the finger at the left wing media for reporting that hospitals are full because even though they're full, they used the wrong picture. Therefore the virus is the hoax and OMG they used the wrong picture even though the words were accurate. Shame on you for feeding into this misinformation echo chamber.

This is a long read, but read it anyways:
https://waitbutwhy.com/2020/01/sick-giant.html

It's not merely a problem of echo chambers. It's that one of the echo chambers is busting at the seams with conspiracy theories. I can't even talk to any of my Conservative friends without them mentioning that Covid is a conspiracy, either from a Wuhan lab or Bill gates or 5G towers, etc.

It's absolutely incredible. It's ripping apart relationships in my hometown.

The following user would like to thank Interbane for this post:
geo, Harry Marks
Thu May 07, 2020 8:08 am

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

ant wrote:
So this was all just an "error"

Quote:
A week later, however, CBS News apparently used a very brief bit of that Italian footage again while referencing coronavirus cases in Pennsylvania

What else would it be? Even if CBS was intentionally trying to promote hysteria, it wouldn't want to be "caught" using phony video footage twice, would it? The right-wing narrative doesn't make sense.

Incidentally, the false footage was aired Apr. 1, which was the same day New York City experienced its highest number of coronavirus hospitalizations. So though the Italian hospital footage was misleading, it still doesn't change the basic facts of the story: that NYC was the epicenter of the coronavirus and that hospitals were overwhelmed.

I'm not defending CBS News by the way. I already think most televised news is pathetic. But so are right-wing narratives that see this as a liberal conspiracy. Sorry, it's all crap. Some of it is intentionally dishonest, while other sources are just superficial and/or sensationalistic.

Thu May 07, 2020 4:13 pm

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

Interbane wrote:
It's not merely a problem of echo chambers. It's that one of the echo chambers is busting at the seams with conspiracy theories. I can't even talk to any of my Conservative friends without them mentioning that Covid is a conspiracy, either from a Wuhan lab or Bill gates or 5G towers, etc.

One of my in-laws sincerely believes that Michelle Obama is actually a man. This is a story that was promoted on several extreme far-right sites. My in-law saw video footage purportedly showing a bulge in her pants and that was that. It's easy enough to see some major flaws in the theory, but there's no burden of proof for those who want a conspiracy to be true.

Google "Michelle Obama is a man" and you will come up with a shocking number of sites promoting this story, none of them remotely credible of course. I'm' surprised KindaSkolarly hasn't brought this one up. Or maybe he has?

Thu May 07, 2020 4:28 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next