• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The Coup against Donald Trump

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: The Coup against Donald Trump

Unread post

Besides false equivalence, there's a tendency to blame the "Leftist" media, as if Trump is a victim of an organized smear campaign. But anyone who still has a brain can see that Trump shows his vast incompetence and general ineptitude on a daily basis. He doesn't need help in this respect. Sure there's bias in the media and tribalism on the left, but just look at the President's actions over the last week. You don't have to be a "Leftist" or "Never-Trumper" to understand that this man is totally unfit for office.
-Geo
Question everything
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I challenge all of you to switch back and forth between Fox News and CNN every day. Spend an equal amount of time on both channels just as an experiment to see how both sides spin things. There is blatant bias and toggling back and forth will show it quickly.

That isn't to say that one side isn't the correct side. Just do it. For fun.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

We seem to be caught up in a game of “gotcha” between the Washington establishment and Trump now. The establishment is committing sedition with their secret “impeachment inquiry,” while Trump’s Dept of Justice gets its ducks in a row on some pretty serious actions:

GET YOUR POPCORN READY – Four Different Reports Released Last Night Indicate the Days Ahead Will be Devastating for the DEEP STATE!
“Last night was historic. The news coming out on four fronts indicates that the Deep State should be very worried. Those of us uncovering the many corrupt actions taken by President Obama’s Deep State have been looking forward to this day for some time!”
stationgossip.com/2019/10/get-your-popc ... erent.html

Deep state in total panic as Durham’s investigation confirmed to have transitioned to CRIMINAL phase
“Beyond ‘bombshell’ news, we now have confirmation that U.S. Attorney John Durham has transitioned into a ‘criminal investigation’ which will likely lead to criminal indictments of deep state traitors. Those most likely to face criminal indictments are John Brennan and James Clapper, which may lead to evidence implicating James Comey, Robert Mueller, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, among others....”
governmentslaves.news/2019/10/25/never- ... -imminent/

James Clapper Connected to Felony Leaks of General Flynn’s Discussions with Russian in Early 2017!
“We know that the 302 was doctored by Lisa Page per prior notes from Powell and now we know that the 302 was doctored by adding an entire question and answer of the General that was later used to criminally indict him....”
stationgossip.com/2019/10/huge-flynn-do ... apper.html

This seems to be why there’s a rush now to have an “impeachment,” because the Dept of Justice is about to dispense just that...justice. Obama illegally spied on Trump in an attempt to derail his presidential campaign. Those around Obama assisted. Then when Trump won anyway, the criminals spent years trying to divert attn away from their crimes. The impeachment is bogus, the DOJ moves are real.

But Trump's Atty General has a long history with the Washington establishment, so we shall see if this rash of good news is real. 50/50 it's BS, generated to placate those who want to see justice done. Just by the one act of using the intelligence community to spy on a political rival, Obama becomes the most corrupt president in American history. We all know he did it, we know how he did it, but the people who run things are reluctant to let such information make it into the history books.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:We seem to be caught up in a game of “gotcha” between the Washington establishment and Trump now. The establishment is committing sedition with their secret “impeachment inquiry,” while Trump’s Dept of Justice gets its ducks in a row on some pretty serious actions:
No, come on. Congressional investigations are conducted behind closed doors--Benghazi was, as well as the early stages of the last two impeachments. 47 Republicans are privy to the depositions being taken. The Repubs need to storm the SCIF to clamor about being excluded? I don't like the leaks, though. They shouldn't be happening. Not even sure I liked Taylor releasing his own statement.

You said it--"Trump's Dept. of Justice." I thought it was ours.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Chris wrote:I challenge all of you to switch back and forth between Fox News and CNN every day. Spend an equal amount of time on both channels just as an experiment to see how both sides spin things. There is blatant bias and toggling back and forth will show it quickly.

That isn't to say that one side isn't the correct side. Just do it. For fun.
I never watch TV. However, I make it a morning habit to browse what's new on Huffpost then Drudge. Drudge usually has more content, and it's pretty varied. What's interesting is that the Drudge Report has recently been linking a lot of articles that criticize Trump. I don't think he's switching sides, I just think he sees what's coming and is transitioning.

I have this chart bookmarked and reference it from time to time. https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart

The middle has good sterile news, but I find reading it boring. The left can be too much like my preppy whiny cousin, and the right can be too much like my angry drunk uncle, but at least it's entertaining.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Okay, so now we have one of the lawyers for one of the whistleblowers calling the proceedings against Trump a coup.

Whistleblower Lawyer In January 2017: ‘Coup Has Started,’ ‘Impeachment Will Follow’

Mark Zaid, the attorney for the Ukrainian whistleblower, stated just days after President Donald Trump was inaugurated in January 2017 that the “coup has started” and that “impeachment will follow.”

...In a statement provided to Fox News, Trump campaign communication director Tim Murtaugh said, “The whistleblower’s lawyer gave away the game. It was always the Democrats’ plan to stage a coup and impeach President Trump and all they ever needed was the right scheme. They whiffed on Mueller so now they’ve settled on the perfectly fine Ukraine phone call. This proves this was orchestrated from the beginning.”

On October 1, Trump tweeted: “As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!”

dailywire.com/news/whistleblower-lawyer ... ce=twitter

So, do you leftists support the coup? It's not an impeachment, it's a coup. Do you think that removing Trump through a coup is the "patriotic" thing to do? A "coup d'état" translates as "blow against the state," so do you think that striking a blow against your government is patriotic? Which government do you serve if you support a coup? All that the left offers as an alternative here is lawlessness. The leftist global government wants you to remove your duly elected president so that an anti-American can take his place.

Michael Savage laid out the current situation very well on his radio program yesterday, 11-7-19.

Coup against Trump exposed - Time to arrest the conspirators
tunein.com/podcasts/Conservative-Talk/T ... =134806537

He talks about how Lincoln, the hero of the left, was a fascist. Lincoln rode roughshod over Americans' rights during the Civil War. He was a true fascist. That's why he's pictured in the Lincoln Memorial with his arms resting on the bundled sticks of the Roman fasci.

Anyway, Savage is right that Trump has reason enough now to curtail the seditious behavior of the left.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:Okay, so now we have one of the lawyers for one of the whistleblowers calling the proceedings against Trump a coup.
Whistleblower Lawyer In January 2017: ‘Coup Has Started,’ ‘Impeachment Will Follow’
Mark Zaid, the attorney for the Ukrainian whistleblower, stated just days after President Donald Trump was inaugurated in January 2017 that the “coup has started” and that “impeachment will follow.”

...In a statement provided to Fox News, Trump campaign communication director Tim Murtaugh said, “The whistleblower’s lawyer gave away the game. It was always the Democrats’ plan to stage a coup and impeach President Trump and all they ever needed was the right scheme. They whiffed on Mueller so now they’ve settled on the perfectly fine Ukraine phone call. This proves this was orchestrated from the beginning.”
I won't even bother to verify that Zaid made the statement two years ago. The reasoning here is distressing. Because an individual supposedly declared that a "coup" would be forthcoming, the impeachment inquiry now underway is therefore a coup. What? Using the slow machinery of the Constitution is some kind of coup d'etat. I wonder how many of the current coup-crazed were spouting that line in the 90s against the Clinton impeachment.

This Murtaugh flunky has hewed to the boss's gaslighting of the phone call as "perfect." Please note that most Republicans have been forced by a thing called reality to view what Trump did as "inappropriate" but "not impeachable."
On October 1, Trump tweeted: “As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!”
Trump and the other protesters of impeachment as "illegitimate" don't have the guts to say the Constitution is wrong.
So, do you leftists support the coup? It's not an impeachment, it's a coup. Do you think that removing Trump through a coup is the "patriotic" thing to do? A "coup d'état" translates as "blow against the state," so do you think that striking a blow against your government is patriotic? Which government do you serve if you support a coup? All that the left offers as an alternative here is lawlessness. The leftist global government wants you to remove your duly elected president so that an anti-American can take his place.
You sneer against "leftists" opposing Trump, but wake up. The list of conservatives who think Trump is bad for the country--and just about the opposite of real conservatism--is a long one. I would like to hear your perspective on the other two impeachment inquiries in the past 50 years. Were they, too, coups d'etat?
Michael Savage laid out the current situation very well on his radio program yesterday, 11-7-19.
He talks about how Lincoln, the hero of the left, was a fascist. Lincoln rode roughshod over Americans' rights during the Civil War. He was a true fascist. That's why he's pictured in the Lincoln Memorial with his arms resting on the bundled sticks of the Roman fasci.
You really believe this tripe? Lincoln, the hero of the left: what fractured history has Savage been reading? So, are you and he Lost Causers still faithful to the myth that the Confederacy protected civil liberties while the Union trampled them? Both sides took extreme measures they considered necessary to prosecute the war.
Anyway, Savage is right that Trump has reason enough now to curtail the seditious behavior of the left.
Yeah, good idea. Why doesn't Trump crack the history text and revive John Adams' Alien and Sedition Acts?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

The impeachment proceedings will be televised right? I think the naysayers will have a difficult time defending Trump once everything is presented but I'm aware that the majority of them will still figure out a way to discount the evidence and continue their support.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

The lawyer for the whistleblower says it's a coup against Trump. He SAYS that...said it then, says it now. I find the ability of the Left to deny the obvious truly amazing. Like with the clip of Biden bragging that he threatened to withhold money from Ukraine unless they fired the prosecutor who was looking at Hunter Biden's crimes. Biden brags about it, but then it's TRUMP who is accused of doing it? Again, the ability of the Left to deny the obvious is amazing. Biden can still be impeached, by the way. I think we should have dual impeachments. Show the video at Biden's, and play the phone call at Trump's. It'd be pretty clear who committed the indiscretion.

The hysterical push to get rid of Trump began after Jeffrey Epstein was murdered. I expect Trump knows a LOT more about Epstein now than he did back when he kicked him out of Mar-a-lago. I wouldn't be surprised if nervousness over the elites' global sex slave operations is what's behind their current rush to get rid of Trump.

A Successful Coup Against Trump Will Murder American Democracy
"...First of all, the alleged whistleblower is not a legitimate whistleblower. He is Eric Ciaramella, a CIA officer with a second-hand complaint who met with House Intelligence (sic) chairman Adam Schiff a month ahead to orchestrate the event. Ciaramella served on Obama’s staff when VP Joe Biden was point man for Ukraine. Ciaramella also worked with CIA Director John Brennan, the architect of “Russiagate,” and with a Democratic National Committee operative who encouraged Ukraine officials to come up with dirt on President Trump...."
https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/a-s ... democracy/

DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:The lawyer for the whistleblower says it's a coup against Trump. He SAYS that...said it then, says it now. I find the ability of the Left to deny the obvious truly amazing.
He says it now? That's an important part of your claim. Clearly what this man said two years ago has no bearing on whether what is happening now under the auspices of the Constitution is a coup. It doesn't even matter if he said it now, in fact--his opinion doesn't make it so. But I'm doubting that he has made any such recent statement.
Like with the clip of Biden bragging that he threatened to withhold money from Ukraine unless they fired the prosecutor who was looking at Hunter Biden's crimes. Biden brags about it, but then it's TRUMP who is accused of doing it? Again, the ability of the Left to deny the obvious is amazing.
With Biden, it was certifiably general corruption in Ukraine against which he--and the entire EU--was acting against by threatening to withhold aid, unlike in the case of Trump. The prosecutor whom they all wanted fired had in fact been abetting corruption and had not been investigating Burisma. Biden's bragging was only "wrong" because he presented his role as more central than it was. Everything that has come out so far in the investigation shows that Trump had only his own political interests in mind in requesting his favors from Zelensky. We'll have to wait until all the evidence is out to know whether what he did was impeachable.
The hysterical push to get rid of Trump began after Jeffrey Epstein was murdered. I expect Trump knows a LOT more about Epstein now than he did back when he kicked him out of Mar-a-lago. I wouldn't be surprised if nervousness over the elites' global sex slave operations is what's behind their current rush to get rid of Trump.
You have an overactive imagination.

Unmasking the whistleblower is contemptible. I marvel at the Republicans' desperation to have this purveyor of second-hand information testify. They do great harm to him while achieving absolutely nothing. What he reported has been substantiated by others.

Return to “Current Events & History”