• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The complete Penguin Classics Library

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

The complete Penguin Classics Library

Unread post

Now this is my idea of a gift.The gist of the article is that Mrs. Gursky lost all but one book from a lifetime of collecting classic books when forest fires devoured her West Coast home. To make up for the loss, her husband -- apparantly a prince among men -- won an Ebay bid for the complete Penguin classic library, more than 1,000 books, purchased at around $8,000.Geez. As I've probably said before, I'm a huge admirer of Penguin books, and I've got probably somewhere near 100 of the books myself. And I'm always a little excited when I find older editions that have yet to be reprinted -- the novels of Honare Balzac, for instance -- so the prospect of owning the entire collection is... well, among other things, dauting. That's a lot of books to receive all at once.But picking them at random, there's also a good chance that she'll come up with something worth reading.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”