• In total there are 75 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 74 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Christ Myth Anthology, by D.M. Murdock

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Azrael
Masters

Re: The Christ Myth Anthology, by D.M. Murdock

Unread post

stahrwe wrote:
Star Burst wrote:His opinion is his own. Rightly I could give a rat's petunia at this point. Yeah translations are done by committee and who are those committees composed of? The lie will live on, the cover up and scandal that has occurred over the last 2500 years has insured that for every point there is a counterpoint, for every scholar there is some one who interprets it differently. Fact of the matter is no one knows what the hell is going on this has been saturated in a cloud of deceit for so long that even Scholars are confused about the whole thing. I ask on another forum for some high flutin scholar to give me something in Jesus own handwriting his response "I cannot do that" why? I have ask for sculptures he cannot do that. Why? I have ask for commentary. He cannot do that. Why? I tell you why. In order for him to do that Jesus as a person or man or whatever he was would have had to exist.
I am a bit lost here. I presume you were asking for a sculpture Jesus personally made (asah) or a commentary Jesus wrote. I am not sure why you are asking for that, especially the sculpture, but even if were produced how would one prove it was authentic, unless of course a certificate of authenticity were included. What is quite amusing about your demand, and all such demands is that there is an answer from the mouth of Jesus Himself.

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 16:1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? 4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
Star Burst wrote:While I am on this rant let me say this as well. Even most positions especially the non belief position and the Mythicists Position in general fails on one count that I see and that is it centers on what was not said and forgets about what was said. Case in point. Josephus, the purported passage that some refute and say is a forgery but yet they fail to mention the other passage later on that references Jesus as well. Whats this called? "Cherry Picking" and non believers are as guilty of it as believers in that we only see what we want to see. Referencing ancient historians works is great but what is left out is that people like Tactius, Pliny the Younger and others whose works are used to refute an actually Jesus are not the only ones that wrote before, during or after Jesus suppose time on earth there are hundreds more that are left that have not been refuted why?

What are we left with after all this? Tunnel vision? Cherry picking? Blind Faith? Historical allegory? Textual mistranslations that no one can prove? I will tell you what we are left with a load of historical malarkey that amounts to nothing more than a rhetoric that it took 2500 years to produce and a stance on a mythical being that has left behind more questions than answers. In a word its a crock!
Are you really a fan of Massey or was he just a mortar round?

Incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”