• In total there are 140 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 139 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Book Wheel

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
thebookwheel
Master Debater

The Book Wheel

Unread post

Hello!

My name is Allison and I recently moved to Denver, CO USA and I run The Book Wheel, which is an independent book review website with a monthly giveaway. I mostly read literary fiction and political non-fiction (I have a BA in Political Science), but am open to suggestions. If I am not reading, I am watching Law & Order on Netflix or exploring my new state with my husband and two dogs.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and receiving recommendations!
The Book Wheel
www.thebookwheelblog.com
Books, Politics, + More!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: The Book Wheel

Unread post

Welcome to the community!

I've never been to Denver but I have family out in Colorado and have heard great things about it.
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Hi Allison... welcome! I'm always impressed with people who study politics because that field seems like randomness and mystery to me. I just cannot understand people and politics - I'd rather study string theory or quantum physics. :lol:
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
thebookwheel
Master Debater

Unread post

Thank you! Colorado is beautiful and I LOVE it. And Theomaniac, the great thing about politics is that it is always changing and relies so heavily on the people (that's the idea, at least, despite recent years....)!
The Book Wheel
www.thebookwheelblog.com
Books, Politics, + More!

Return to “Everything Else”