Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Thanks, Science! 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor

Post Re: Thanks, Science!
Here's a different pendulum video, same idea, cooler.

http://www.wimp.com/pendulumwaves/

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

Tue May 10, 2011 3:18 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor

needs... more.... EFFICIENCY!!!

http://www.wimp.com/apartmenttransforms/

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

Tue May 10, 2011 3:26 pm
Tenured Professor

Take THAT, Merlin!

http://www.wimp.com/particleanimation/

Sat May 14, 2011 8:29 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Not latency, or power shortage, nor bedtime shall keep me from my appointed screed

johnson1010 wrote:
Take THAT, Merlin!

That's cool! I want one.

Tue May 17, 2011 10:07 pm
Profile Email
Tenured Professor

raising hell!

http://www.wimp.com/volkswagencars/

FOR SCIENCE!

Tue May 24, 2011 3:16 pm
Tenured Professor

http://www.dump.com/2011/05/21/a-better ... ood-video/

Tell me you don't want one of these.

I NEVER chop wood. But i want one.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:29 am
Tenured Professor

http://www.wimp.com/astronautspace/

hey! I can see my continent from here!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:46 am
Tenured Professor

http://www.wimp.com/alkaliwater/

ITS.... MAGIC!!!!!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:50 am
Tenured Professor

WHAT!?

http://www.wimp.com/pickerupper/

I didn't understand this at all when i first saw it.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:58 am
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

For those who think that nothing beyond the natural world ever happens I submit the following:

On several times over the past 40 plus years, I have known in advance what someone was going to ask me and answered without the question being asked. The specifics of the answer are long forgotten but in one instance my mother was in a different room from me, she came in and said, "Superior Mental Being (that is my actual name not stahrwe)." That is all she said, I proceeded to answer her question. She looked at me and said, "How did you know what I was going to ask?"

Good question, how did I know? I don't know but I did. I knew exactly what she was going to ask me before she did. Now, it was not something we had been discussing, ever as far as I remember. I am not clairvoyiant.

Thanks science.

where n are natural numbers.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Platinum Contributor

SMB,
What would it be, exactly, about this occurrence that tells you there is no natural explanation for it? You also indeed seem to be claiming clairvoyance, at least at certain times. That would be where the super-naturalism comes in.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:38 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Book Aficionado

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor 2

stahrwe wrote:
For those who think that nothing beyond the natural world ever happens I submit the following:

On several times over the past 40 plus years, I have known in advance what someone was going to ask me and answered without the question being asked. The specifics of the answer are long forgotten but in one instance my mother was in a different room from me, she came in and said, "Superior Mental Being (that is my actual name not stahrwe)." That is all she said, I proceeded to answer her question. She looked at me and said, "How did you know what I was going to ask?"

It would be more surprising if this didn't happen at some point over 40 years with someone you know very well.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:04 am
Profile Email
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Dexter wrote:
stahrwe wrote:

It would be more surprising if this didn't happen at some point over 40 years with someone you know very well.

Why? What is the scientific explanation?

where n are natural numbers.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:17 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

Quote:

Good question, how did I know? I don't know but I did. I knew exactly what she was going to ask me before she did. Now, it was not something we had been discussing, ever as far as I remember. I am not clairvoyiant.

Thanks science.

A million possible causes, why do you choose magic.

The following user would like to thank Interbane for this post:
Frank 013, johnson1010
Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:19 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Book Aficionado

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor 2

stahrwe wrote:

Why? What is the scientific explanation?

Anticipation plus chance/coincidence. What do you think happened? Jesus whispered it to you?

And I'm certainly willing to admit there are things that science has difficulty explaining. That's why scientists still have lots of work to do.

The following user would like to thank Dexter for this post:
johnson1010
Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next