• In total there are 20 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Tennise Broeck Morse

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tbmorse
Getting Comfortable

Tennise Broeck Morse

Unread post

I'm going to do my best to respond to any messages. That said, I've been quite ill lately, and limited in what I can accomplish. I DO want to introduce myself, but if I don't get back to you, I'm not unfriendly, I'm just not functioning. I'm a 66 year old white woman who lives in New Mexico. My father, N. Brewster Morse, wrote plays, short stories, and was a screenwriter in Hollywood. It was my life's ambition to be a writer myself, and having just announced my second book in the non-fiction forum, I feel I've fulfilled that goal. Now, apparently, it's my goal to be the kind of writer who has readers! Perhaps, even, the kind of writer who sells some copies of her books! I am a bit of an anomaly in my area: a social liberal. My biggest character flaw has always been my big mouth! The only way I can see to turn that flaw to an advantage is to use it to write and comment on the things I've seen and continue to see around me. I became very involved in researching my American Genealogy, and discovered I am descended from several preachers. Apparently, biology IS destiny. I need to preach. But - here comes the one-handed economist joke - on the other hand I'm usually able to "see" and understand all sides of an argument. I write under my maiden name. I AM married, have kids and grandkids. I'm a genius (it runs in the family, along with mental illness), but I've also had MS related brain damage and brain changes from getting older. Sometimes I sound really SMART and sometimes I have trouble telling you my address. I need and welcome friends, but am pretty much housebound at the moment and have to stick to basics. Like Hillary Clinton, I had a blood clot - mine was in my leg - and a pulmonary embolism. I already had MS, and the added fatigue from the blood thinners (and the compromised immune system from MS drugs and blood thinners) has pretty much put me in a position where I watched all the episodes of Fringe - thus far - in order (and we're talking five seasons!) over a matter of two weeks. Can we say TOO MUCH LYING AROUND? I'm quirky, this introduction is quirky, but when you come down to it, aren't we all? Isn't that what makes us individual human being?
Tennise Broeck Morse is a 66 year old sometime writer and social activist, and the author of two books: "America's War on the Disabled: 1975-1992 (A History of Ronald Reagan's Social Security Disability Reviews of the 1980's)" and "The Christmas Pedophile (and Other Stories about My Mother)". Both are available as Kindle e-books.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Tennise Broeck Morse

Unread post

Now that was a great introduction! You packed a lot in there but it makes me want to get to know you better. I do hope you stick around.

I haven't watched Fringe but I tend to watch entire seasons of HBO series in a matter of a night or two. Sopranos, Entourage, Rome, True Blood, Big Love, etc... Some of these series are just better when watched all at once.

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”