• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Take a look at a far away planet

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Take a look at a far away planet

Unread post

Quote:NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has for the first time captured the light from two known planets orbiting stars other than our Sun. The findings mark the beginning of a new age of planetary science, in which "extrasolar" planets can be directly measured and compared.Full article here.Artist's rendering here.
marti1900

Re: Take a look at a far away planet

Unread post

Pretty interesting stuff. I have to admit when I contemplate information like this, and black energy, etc., I find myself becoming like primitive woman in my awe and yes, fear, and am ready to start talking to the gods who live in the trees to protect me from all this vastness.I'm not really the Modern Woman I would like to be. It is often hard for me to wrap my mind around today's findings. Almost makes one ready to give up being an athiest. Almost.Marti in Mexico

Return to “Science & Technology”