• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

T-Rex DNA found intact?

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

T-Rex DNA found intact?

Unread post

T-Rex DNAQuote:Dissolving away the minerals in a 3-inch chunk of fossilized dinosaur bone, a North Carolina paleontologist has found what appear to be intact, still-soft blood vessels and blood cells belonging to a 68 million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex.Something of a scientific maverick, Mary Schweitzer said she hopes to complete further tests by summer's end that might confirm that the flexible, "stretchy" material she recovered from the bone is actual preserved tissue from the dinosaur.If she can confirm it, her method of investigation is likely to revolutionize paleontology. Such tissues might yield actual dinosaur DNA, for example. The blood vessels and cells also could provide important information on whether dinosaurs were warm- or cold-blooded, offering new insights into how they lived.Wow...if this is true and can be utilized...what a finding! I love the pursuit of scientific inquiry and discovery!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
marti1900

Re: T-Rex DNA found intact?

Unread post

A potential Jurassic Park looms. Life imitates art. Well, OK, movies aren't quite art. But from what I read, the possibility of finding DNA material is slim.Marti in Mexico
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: T-Rex DNA found intact?

Unread post

Still exciting!Movies are not art? hmmm...I would have to differ on that one. But that is best left to the "What is Art?" thread.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Science & Technology”