• In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Susiemax, avid reader, writer and lover of all things books

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Susiemax
Official Newbie!

Susiemax, avid reader, writer and lover of all things books

Unread post

Hi all
I'm Sue from London, UK and very pleased to meet you all. Remember I'm using UK spelling, so it's not as if I can't spell :>)
I read voraciously and my favourite books are anything psychologically disturbing, horror, suspense, crime fiction and I love anything to do with witches, the paranormal and the supernatural. More geared towards witches though than vampires and werewolves. I practice Wicca myself so this holds a special place in my heart.

My favourite authors are Stephen King- best book is 'The Stand', Peter Straub (Shadowlands, Dark Matter), Dean Koontz, Debra Harkness (A discovery of Witches), Kate Mosse (Labyrinth and Sepulchre), Jonathan Kellerman (anything by him rocks for me) -you get the drift.

Strangely enough though I'm a published romantic suspense author yet I'm not big on reading romance. No, I don't believe it either. It's strange how things turn out!

I look forward to interacting with you all.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Susiemax, avid reader, writer and lover of all things books

Unread post

Welcome to the community!

:-)
mockingbird
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

hello susiemax. I'm from S wales and write the sort of stuff you read. Anyway welcome to this site.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Susiemax. With your choice of reading, I wonder if you have a black cat???? :wink:
(I have two, neither is black.)

You say labour, we say labor; you say theatre, we say theater; Winston Chruchill once said the Yanks and the Brits were two peoples divided by a common language. :)

Welcome to Book Talk. :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Susiemax
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi all thanks for the welcome! Cattleman, I don't have the black cat but I am a Wiccan..:>)
Yes, the vagaries of the English language are varied. I write UK English and have a US publisher so always a bit of a challenge.
Great to meet you all and I look forward to more conversation...

Return to “Everything Else”