• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Supernatural Miracles

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Dissident Heart

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!

Re: Demands of Theism

Unread post

Frank: I am not talking about understanding the subject here, what I am telling you, is that I understand me.Well, that certainly helps make my point regarding a remarkably irrational perspective: i.e., understanding the subject of Religion is largely irrelevant when determining its value, worth, beauty, meaning, intentions, applications, etc.Still, I think a great deal of Theism involves understanding who I am: there is something about diving deep into the labyrinths of Self that gets us closer to the complexities of God. I don't think it ever really gets to the bottom of who God is, in the same way we never really reach the bottom of who I am.Frank: I did not miss it, but I felt I had endured enough of it to get the point. You say it's not enough time but ex-theists say it is.The point, as I see it, is never simply gotten...actually, the point is to be taken, gripped, seized, filled with awe, wonder, and profound gratitude. Worship involves a kind of exstasis that lifts the ego out of its shell of resentful vengeance and fearful isolation, and ignites it with a spirit of creative fire and loving compassion.Frank: How much suffering is needed before I can understand Christians?Understanding Christianity involves never losing sight of life's suffering...but I don't think it's the same thing as enduring insufferable Christians. Edited by: Dissident Heart at: 12/22/06 8:33 pm

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”