• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 736 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

succesful ways to promote

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Ban me now
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: succesful ways to promote

Unread post

It is tough.

The only promotional tool for that is to work harder :)

Writing the next book is good too
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” Stephen King
FigureOfSpeech
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Unfortunately those sometimes seem mutually exclusive.
cneely294587
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I will be at the Grand Valley Festival in Orwell, Ohio August 17, 18 and 19 Signing copies of the Golden Staff Saga: The Pillar of Light. I will let everyone know how successful it was afterwards.
ClaireRidgwayAuthor
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm in Spain and writing in English so it doesn't help for me to do physical promotions locally. I do my promotions online.

I blog regularly, I use Twitter and Facebook to connect with readers and authors, and I make use of KDP select to do free promotions. I always list details of my free promotion on all of the Kindle sites, send details to my list of subscribers from my website, set up a Goodreads events etc. and then also arrange advertising for a few days following the free promotion to keep the momentum going. It's worked out really well.
Claire Ridgway, best-selling author of The Anne Boleyn Collection and The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown, Tudor history addict and indie publishing blogger.
viajesen1
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

if a book could talk it would take 3 days to tell its tale. YOU have to speak for your work before anyone else is going to take the time to actually read it. (And speak quickly, for attention spans are shrinking!) Networking is one way of getting your foot in the door to give that initial pitch.

Secondly, in a world with lots of talent, success requires more than simply being great. If two deserving submissions are under consideration by an editor, which one do you think will be accepted? – The one written by the author who did the more effective networking, of course!
haviZsultan
Master Debater

Unread post

I've been marketing heavily through twitter... but I believe I need to:
1) Develop a more global outlook to both my book and tweets...
2) Find new ways of promotion.

My book is not out yet. But I plan to do some serious promoting. I am trying the e-world currently because my audience is English speakers and I am in a country where another language is mainly spoken. Oh and I have a website up already. Just can't begin to get people to visit it though.
cneely294587
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I attended the Grand Valley Festival and sold a few books there. I also created a booklet containing the first chapter as well as my website and gave those to people who looked interested. The festival was smaller than I expected with only about 100 visitors to my table. This could be a good way to promote a book if you can get a table at a larger festival.

Return to “Author's Lounge”