Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Something about this just makes me happy. 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

Post Re: Something about this just makes me happy.

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

The following user would like to thank johnson1010 for this post:
Cattleman, Interbane
Thu May 21, 2015 4:24 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
One with Books

Silver Contributor

:lol: binary metal :lol:

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:49 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

another one if you liked the binary metal.

particularly funny if you play guitar from tablature.

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:16 am
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

"I are Huuman.

Hamberger. Hi. Smile Hello. Go Packers."

-Imposter Bear.

Interbane
Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:29 am
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

Think of some primitive tribe member seeing this.

Now, where do ideas of werewolves, skin changers, and shaman trying to turn into animals come from?

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:21 am
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

Re: Something about this just makes me happy.

:P

Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:19 am
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

This is the very purpose of this thread.

I don't know why, but taking dramatic scenes and re-purposing them for lame dad jokes absolutely slays me.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:58 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Gold Contributor

What a big disappointment this guy became when he took off his mask.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:16 am
Profile Email
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

You didn't like him, Ant?

I thought he was pretty cool. Did you want him to be more sinister under the mask?

I do think it's a bit much that everybody in these movies HAS to be related.
We are definitely going to find out that Snoke and Palpatine are second cousins to Amadalla or something.

And what about not 1, but 2 people who have never used light sabres before putting up a decent fight against Kylo Ren?!
Dude!?

I did really like the movie though.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:05 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

johnson1010 wrote:
You didn't like him, Ant?

I thought he was pretty cool. Did you want him to be more sinister under the mask?

I do think it's a bit much that everybody in these movies HAS to be related.
We are definitely going to find out that Snoke and Palpatine are second cousins to Amadalla or something.

And what about not 1, but 2 people who have never used light sabres before putting up a decent fight against Kylo Ren?!
Dude!?

I did really like the movie though.

1) I was disappointed that he turned out to be some adolescent emo kid. Maybe someone just a tad older would have been better.

2) Has it been settled that it's actually Snoke? I mean, I've read a lot of the speculation that makes some sense, but not certain if it's all settled.
Disney announced that the Star Wars Universe was no longer cannon. If it's Snoke then they've borrowed from cannon. Hmmm?

3) Right, that really made me roll my eyes, especially when Finn was able to hold his own for a few minutes. Ridiculous! Rey might be understandable if she turns out to be a force prodigy that has a natural talent just waiting to be developed by a Master (hello, Master Luke!)

The movie was okay for me. A couple of friends of mine who are first generation star wars fans hated it.
I was disappointed Luke didn't get just a little more screen time. :evil:

Rogue One looks like it has some good potential.

Last edited by ant on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 pm
Profile Email
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

Kylo being an emo kid is not great... I prefer a comic book doctor doom to a movie doctor doom every day of the week.

But i'll take it, and he's doing a good job in the role.

If just some random dude can pick up a light sabre and hold off Kylo... then what's the point of all that Jedi / Sith training?

TR-8R pounded Finn into the ground.
Maybe that's because his power level is over 9000...

So Finn gets no additional light sabre, or even melee training in between and he's standing up to the film's top villainous force user?
Does that mean that TR-8R might have beat Kylo if he didn't resort to the Force?

yeah... that really bugged me, but over all I think it was the best one since probably Empire Strikes Back.

also, TR-8R memes are great.

ant
Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:23 pm
Building a post count to the moon

Silver Contributor

ant wrote:
Right, that really made me roll my eyes, especially when Finn was able to hold his own for a few minutes. Ridiculous! Rey might be understandable if she turns out to be a force prodigy that has a natural talent just waiting to be developed by a Master (hello, Master Luke!)

Kylo Ren is conflicted, his inner turmoil weakens his killer instincts, I mean...this is the son of Hans Solo and Leia Organa after all. Finn and Rey have a common base level struggle that is survival.

Killing your pappy is one thing, But does our burgeoning dark lord have what it takes to do in mommy as well?. Kylo Ren' struggles have only just begun. :evil:

The love triangle is another teaser, Luke lost his sisters child to the dark side, might he lose Rey too?

Finn was born and bred to kill, to follow nothing but orders, He could not, he has a natural empathy, sympathy for innocence, The force is within him.

Kylo's inner wavering is his Achilles heel, until he does mom he will always be weak.

Finn's inner morals make him a natural force for good, but he will follow his hearts infatuation.

Rey is the enigma, she appears to have a pure heart but what will be her temptation? The guy born into badness or the guy who thinks evil is a calling?.

The following user would like to thank Taylor for this post:
ant
Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:14 pm
Profile Email
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

Wed May 18, 2016 8:15 am

Gold Contributor

Quote:
Killing your pappy is one thing, But does our burgeoning dark lord have what it takes to do in mommy as well?. Kylo Ren' struggles have only just begun

:|

I think one of the reasons Kylo is so conflicted is because he's trying to come to terms with the fact that his grandfather was black.

Quote:
Finn was born and bred to kill, to follow nothing but orders, He could not, he has a natural empathy, sympathy for innocence, The force is within him.

There's simply no way Finn should have ever been able to hold his own for even a second against Kylo. That was really corny of the producers.

I think the original plan should have been actualized - making Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic.
That would have given us a really fresh start because it takes place a thousand years before Anakin Skywalker.

I am disappointed that Disney purchased the Star Wars Universe. I don't like their characters. And they are close to ruining Star Wars Rebels. The Clone Wars was really REALLY good.
The SW Universe has so much to it. Disney is going to eff it up.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:42 am
Profile Email
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

Hahaha

that's one way to solve the problem!

wimp.com/2-year-old-solves-an-ethical-d ... l-dilemma/

Inter-species co-op music

http://www.wimp.com/parrots-make-the-be ... -partners/

Tremble, ye mighty.

http://www.wimp.com/behold-the-fearsome ... rain-frog/

Chris OConnor
Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:32 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next