• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

SMALL MIRACLES

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lizzeri

SMALL MIRACLES

Unread post

SMALL MIRACLES - by Askin Ozcan ISBN1698001000Outskirts Press Inc. true stunning stories of small miracles.outskirtspress.com/smallmiracles
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Massive Poster
United States of America

Re: SMALL MIRACLES

Unread post

Considering the scale of what could be done, seems like regenerating a lost limb after prayer would qualify as a small miracle.
lizzeri

Unread post

Replacing of a limb would be a very very very big miracle. Not impossible, worth a try. There is never a guarantee with miracles or small miracles or with life itself, but these happenall the time...Not everything is physical, although many physical, social, economic small miracles have happened to this author- and not always by praying, even sometimes without praying...If you read the book, you will understand. Small miracles happen to everyone. This author has written about thirty such phenomenon which have happened to him. We do not know the entire rules of the nature, therefore can not know the nature and scope and the reasons of the small miracles. When they happen, why they happen, under what conditions they happen...But we know that they happen, asso many have witnessed them. The life is itself a miracle! A big one !Best regardslizzeri Edited by: lizzeri at: 1/4/07 8:44 am
lizzeri

Unread post

There is a much bigger heap of evidence that prayers are very useful. It is a matter of experiencing them yourself, and listening to others who have experienced them and reading about them. There are thousands of volumes telling the consequences of praying. There are 2,5 billion Christians, 1,5 billion Moslems praying everyday. 95% of the world's population believe in God.It is a matter of getting the chance to learn about God andpraying. Best regardslizzeri Edited by: lizzeri at: 1/4/07 8:58 am
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Quote:There is never a guarantee they happen by praying.Actually, there is a heap of evidence, both personal and scientific, that supports the idea that prayer is completely useless.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Yes, there sure are a lot of believers. But the most intelligent and educated people on this planet lean towards atheism.
lizzeri

Unread post

You are completely wrong. The most educated people do not lean to atheism at all. They accept God and religion and sciences and arts. Here are a few examples: Einstein : Religion without science is blindness, science without religion is shear paralysis.George Sale : Koran is a constant miracle.Prof. Thomas Warnold: Koran makes people civilized, encourages technology, commerce, sciences.Lavazon: There is a perfect harmony between Koran and the sciences.Goethe: The basics Koran teaches do not betray even a little.Mankind can not surpass Koran with all her systems.Prof. Edvard Mote: Koran is the source of development.H.C.Wells: There are few people in Europe who have deeply studied the Holy Koran. Those who call it primitive, are themselves ignorant.Until recently the medical sciences thought there was no blood in the first (inception) stage of the human embryo.Swedish photographer Nilsson enlarged the picture of theembryo 400.00 times and proved to the scientists that they were wrong, as there was blood in the first stage of the human embryo. Koran was already talking about the blood in the first( inception) stage of the human embryo in 640...There are very many such information in the Koran (and in theother books of God) which led the scientists in their work, or were much in advance of the scientific proofs of the same facts. These are only a few examples...There are examples from the fields of astronomy, agriculture, geology, meteorology, psychology, sociology, ...Consult an Islamic Organisation in the USA or U.K. or wherever you are...The other religions of God are equally valuable sources of knowledge.The truth is, religions have been misunderstood and used for political and economic profitism throughout the human history.This was and is what is wrong. This is still being done.---Atheism is simply ignorance about the nature's qualities. Such a wonderful and harmonius collection of living creatures, with perfectly functioning physiologies can not be an accident,they are a product of a superior intelligence and wisdom and knowledge and creator. Even, Marx accepts this superior system, The God. Evolution theory of Darwin fits in perfectly well with what Koran says: "We created all living creatures from a single cell!" If Bible is unclear on that, is because it came in a time when human beings were not sufficiently developped intellectually perhaps. But, even Bible is great when it says: "NO one will come to me in darkness!" - encouraging and supporting knowledge.Thank youBest regardsLizzeri Edited by: lizzeri at: 1/10/07 5:55 pm
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

LizzeriQuote:Replacing of a limb would be a very, very, very big miracle. Not impossible, worth a try. There is never a guarantee with miracles or small miracles or with life itself, but these happen all the time...I believe what LanDroid was referring to is that it should be a small matter for an almighty creator to regenerate a lost limb, but prayer has a 100% failure rate in this situation. Why would god be so merciless to those that lost their limbs?Lizzeri Quote:There is a much bigger heap of evidence that prayers are very useful. What you are considering evidence is what we call accepting false positives. When the numbers are looked at honestly prayer is no more beneficial than wishing to a star, and what some people count as miraculous is just asinine. Lizzeri Quote:It is a matter of getting the chance to learn about God and praying. You seem to think that Atheists have never studied religion. The fact is that many of us have studied religion intensely; some of us even have religious backgrounds. We all find religion to be unappealing to us, and we still live complete satisfying lives.Lizzeri Quote:You are completely wrong. The most educated people do not lean to atheism at all. Chris was making a general statement that the more educated tend towards atheism, this is in fact true. There are always some few exceptions, especially when looking back into history. Atheism is not a popular position today but just 50 years ago it was even less popular. Declaring yourself an atheist in Einstein's time would be occupational suicide. Furthermore science had yet to explain many of the more mysterious questions so the god idea had plenty of room to exist in. So the fact remains that educated people more often reject religion and become atheistic.Lizzeri Quote:There are very many such information in the Koran (and in the other books of God) which led the scientists in their work, or were much in advance of the scientific proofs of the same facts. These are only a few examples...There are examples from the fields of astronomy, agriculture, geology, meteorology, psychology, sociology. There are far more inaccurate statements from holy books than there are accurate ones. Once again you are pointing to false positives (counting successes and ignoring failures) my favorite from the Koran is the sun hiding in a mud hole at night and there were people there... ha!Lizzeri Quote:Atheism is simply ignorance about the nature's qualities. Atheists generally have far superior knowledge of the workings of nature than theists, we in fact see the whole picture not just the sunny side.Lizzeri Quote:Such a wonderful and harmonious collection of living creatures, with perfectly functioning physiologies can not be an accident, they are a product of a superior intelligence and wisdom and knowledge and creator. Actually science has shown that no god was necessary. There are guiding forces but they do not point to any sort of god, these forces are constant necessary and unforgiving.Later
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Quote:I think we can be pretty sure that if there were a god it would never reveal itself to such a degree that there could be no doubt of its existance.HOW!? HOW can we be pretty sure? Why would we think this? You are obviously just making this shit up based on what you want to believe. IF there was a god that could hide it's existence from us, HOW can YOU presume to know anything about it?YOU are the douchebag.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - AsanaThe one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy PiperEdited by: misterpessimistic  at: 1/11/07 8:26 pm
MaesterAuron151

Unread post

Quote:I believe what LanDroid was referring to is that it should be a small matter for an almighty creator to regenerate a lost limb, but prayer has a 100% failure rate in this situation. Why would god be so merciless to those that lost their limbs?Haven't we been over this? I think we can be pretty sure that if there were a god it would never reveal itself to such a degree that there could be no doubt of its existance. If it did either free will would be abolished and we'd all submit to this god, or we'd become violently fervent in our search for the proper way to worship this god that we'd end up murdering each other. Unless of course this god first proved its existance then told us what to do in which case we'd go back to scenario one.Ok let me rephrase that, if there were a god and it revealed itself to such a degree that it would be unquestionable, that god would either be ignorant of human nature or a douch bag.Quote:What you are considering evidence is what we call accepting false positives. When the numbers are looked at honestly prayer is no more beneficial than wishing to a star, and what some people count as miraculous is just asinine.I've heard people who belong to religeous groups live longer on average.Quote:You seem to think that Atheists have never studied religion. The fact is that many of us have studied religion intensely; some of us even have religious backgrounds. We all find religion to be unappealing to us, and we still live complete satisfying lives.Good for you I support that 100% what I can't stand is when people assume that because they're satisfied they must have found the answer, then take it upon themselves to make sure everyone else follows that same conclusion. Isn't that what you hate most about religeous groups. Isn't the dogmatism the really bad part? I don't think there are any conclusions, fighting over them is simply destructive.Quote:Chris was making a general statement that the more educated tend towards atheism, this is in fact true. There are always some few exceptions, especially when looking back into history. Atheism is not a popular position today but just 50 years ago it was even less popular. Declaring yourself an atheist in Einstein's time would be occupational suicide. Which would be a good explaination if he simply denied being an athiest. However it seems that he spoke openly against athiesm. I suppose it would have been a popular position but where all the scientists at the time makeing a big deal out of rejecting athiesm? Quote:So the fact remains that educated people more often reject religion and become atheistic.I think you should offer up some statistics here. I know its virtually impossible to find accurate data on this subject since often someone is creating a trend bias to support one possition or another.Quote:Furthermore science had yet to explain many of the more mysterious questions so the god idea had plenty of room to exist in.You know I've thought a lot about this stuff and in general I don't see most of the arguments and counter arguments reguarding religeon to be concluded by any given scientific discoverys.I think in general intelegent well educated religeous people sort of throw a wrench into the whole religeon is part of poor education theory.Like the cosmological. It can be countered with or without evolution. Evolution simply adds doezns more steps that lead to the same thing. The cosmological argument essencially comes down to "if there's no god then where did all this come from?", Using only knowledge a stone age person might have I can still answer the question, "it was always here,".

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”