• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Share Your Web Sources for Politics

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Dissident Heart

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!

Share Your Web Sources for Politics

Unread post

There are a few resources I turn to daily to get my dose of political insight, aggravation, wisdom, and analysis of the onslaught of power across the globe.My home page is set to ZNet where every subject under the political sun is covered from a distinctly progressive, deeply democratic, anarchist perspective.Likewise, I make it habit to listen to and watch Democracy NOW! with Amy Goodman- one of the few redeeming minds in American newscasting.One of my favorite fact-finding-resources is Global Issues that Affect Everyone . Very user-friendly and great access to quotations and data regarding, as the title says, those Global Issues that demand consideration.For much more thorough and scholarly examination of the geopolitical universe, I turn to Foreign Policy In Focus . Where do you get your info.?
jjacobs43

Re: Share Your Web Sources for Politics

Unread post

www.truthout.orgwww.buzzflash.com Truthout provides some great articles written by people like William Rivers Pitt and Paul Krugman. It provides a very good world perspective on things going on today.Buzzflash gives a ton of links to everything they find on the web. Totally biased if you read their little headlines they put on the links but they hook up to a very wide variety of articles. There's probably about 10 to 15 new links a day. And I come across a lot of other great sites because of it.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Share Your Web Sources for Politics

Unread post

I am simple, I use the NY Times, USA Today and verify with factcheck.org. Most websites are too partisan to me...on both sides of the coin.I signed up for email updates from fact check, so everyday I get something interesting to review!Other than that, I stick to TV when I can in my spare time, which is non-existent lately!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Current Events & History”