Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Share songs and music videos that move you emotionally 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Internet Sage

Thanks, Iluvbooks13 for posting the videos for me . Doesn't When You're Gone just make you wanna cwy??

Sorry, the only one I can actually listen to is Never Too Late - Three Days Grace. Actually a band I like they were a band that played in a Nickelback concert :)

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:24 pm
Profile Email YIM
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Freshman

That's okay :). The other songs are pretty sad with no special beats which make them more emotional.

"Innocence is ugly in the one who is guilty." - Fault Line by 10 Years

"Fools who are looking backwards chose to live as statues, frozen fractured; youthful laughter fades." - Dying Youth by 10 Years

The Truth Beneath The Rose by Within Temptation

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:39 pm
Profile YIM
Internet Sage

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:43 pm
Profile Email YIM
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Iluvbooks13, I really loved a few of those songs. Lithium was beautiful.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:05 pm
Profile Email WWW
Freshman

Thank you! I love them! I tried to get one from each of my favorite artists but it turns out that I forgot some... oh well!

"Fools who are looking backwards chose to live as statues, frozen fractured; youthful laughter fades." - Dying Youth by 10 Years

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:14 pm
Profile YIM
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Within Temptation! Yay! I saw them live last November, they were really brilliant!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dnIhg5Osdc[/youtube]
a-ha - Lifelines

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xXQFnIEf_Q[/youtube]
Train - Drops of Jupiter

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJWNGrXNDFE&feature=PlayList&p=25D6D51B126184BC&index=0&playnext=1[/youtube]
Saybia - The Day After Tomorrow

I grew up with the first two, they were always played in the car, on the radio, anywhere and the Saybia song is just so beautiful.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:22 pm
Internet Sage

Some songs I heard from ANOTHER gaming video,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB6G3vmnBQ4[/youtube]

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:41 pm
Profile Email YIM
Freshman

Ooh, someone else has heard of Within Temptation! I'd really like to go to a concert of theirs. Or to a concert of anybody's! I really really badly want to go to a concert...

Interesting music Iluvbooks :). Gaming videos...

Music from animes are really nice too. Especially when they're in Japanese.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile YIM
Internet Sage

Interesting music Iluvbooks :). Gaming videos...

When I have nothing better to do, I am forced to do these things.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:57 pm
Profile Email YIM
Freshman

:crazy:

Sorry, I just had too... :crazy:

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:58 pm
Profile YIM
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Ooh, someone else has heard of Within Temptation! I'd really like to go to a concert of theirs. Or to a concert of anybody's! I really really badly want to go to a concert...

Of course I've heard of Within Temptation! They are probably the most successful Dutch band in the world :clap:
I'm going to Rammstein in December (ever heard of them? They are German and you probably know their song 'America', because almost everyone does). But if you like Within Temptation, you should probably give Delain a shot as well (I saw them two years ago in a very small concert hall). Their keyboard player used to play for Within Temptation.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:45 am
Freshman

No, I've never heard of the German band (maybe I've heard of America, but I'm not sure), but I have heard of Delain.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:31 pm
Profile YIM
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

I play guitar. My range goes from sweet, tinkly, lullaby-like serenades, strait to death metal with few stops between. You will see this outlined in my picks below.

I kept it on the lighter side for those interested, but check them out, you might be surprised about some of the heavier stuff near the bottom.

I like metal because the guitars all have something to say, rather than a guy flapping his hand against all the strings. Each guitar has something very specific to contribute to a song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVKDQgT_b-Y[/youtube]

I enjoy this video. I think its hilarious that they redact the identities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLx9dudmIq4[/youtube]

Regina spektor, as an artist weird but good. My wife hates her, i think she
is great.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtpY5_HASM8[/youtube]

Excellent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Wy7gRGgeA[/youtube]

nerdy. fun. Good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xisIVhc64Ng[/youtube]

embed disabled. Go see this. Excellent instrumental.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SdmsWBO7O4[/youtube]

mildly bloody. Awesome.

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:34 pm
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

What an interesting thread. Here are two that I like.

Vaya Con Dios - Time Flies:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_oUwbBl79c[/youtube]

Nellie McKay - Sari
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJZY-Czcp2E[/youtube]

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:06 am
Almost Comfortable

Post Re: Share songs and music videos that move you emotionally
I don't have links, but here you go: Break Your Heart by Barenaked Ladies, Tootie by Hootie and the Blowfish, Best of What's Around by Dave Matthews Band (makes me very happy), The One by Gary Allan, and I saved my absolute favorite for very personal reasons (don't laugh) When I See You Smile by Bad English. I have so many more, but I'm having a complete brain fart.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:03 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next