• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Shameless self-promotion

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Saint Gasoline

Shameless self-promotion

Unread post

If any of you are blog readers, you may be interested in checking out my own personal blog (it's still relatively new, so there's not much content yet, but it will be regularly updated). I'm mainly going to use the blog to critique theism, defend atheism, as well as promote atheism-related humor.Anyway, my blog can be found here: Saint Gasoline
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Shameless self-promotion

Unread post

Your blog looks very professional. Remind me to figure out a way to advertise or promote such member sites. I'm creating some new pages and I just got an idea...
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Hey Gas...I know I may be a little harsh, but please check out my cartoons. Two are atheism v. theism related ("Bumpers" & "Evolution V Creationism"). Feel free to use any you like.If you can, upload the pics to your own server, as my site may be going down for a while. Here are the toons: www.mrpessimistic.com/toons.htmlMr. P.I edited the post to fix the link. Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 12/1/06 2:31 pm
Saint Gasoline

Unread post

Thanks, Chris. The only reason it looks so professional is because I use a program that simplifies making a blog to just clicking clearly labeled buttons, so I don't need to know anything about html or php files or whatever. It's a lot like the cell phone they are marketing to old senile people afraid of technology that only has like three buttons on it. Hopefully after I play around with it a bit more I can make some bigger changes.
Saint Gasoline

Unread post

Your toons are pretty good, Misterpessimistic. I'm going to start trying to upload some of my cartoon ideas once I get around to drawing them.By the way, how do you get your toons online?
Federika22

self promotion

Unread post

SG, I like your site. I read most of your writing...will return later for more. And I look forward to your cartoons! Mr P, I love the cartoon about "support" for pedophiles! Would you mind if I copied your evolution and creationism bookshelf one onto my myspace page? I love cartoons in general. Some of my favorites are in The New Yorker. I'm always laughing!
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Re: self promotion

Unread post

Go right ahead...The Evolution v. Creationism is one of my personal favorites and I would love to see it get around the web more. Gas: I have my own hosting account, so I just upload my toons and format the page design accordingly. Is this what you meant?There are other picture hosting places as well, like photobucket and a few others.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - AsanaThe one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Saint Gasoline

Unread post

Well, I was wondering if you drew them by hand and scanned them, or used a tablet or something like that. I should be getting a tablet for Christmas, and I'm not sure that I will be able to draw very well with it--hopefully I can learn.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Yes I am old fashioned and draw then scan. I will not use a tablet to draw. I just prefer the feel of pencil in and paper underneath my hand.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - AsanaThe one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
tomiichi

Unread post

Wow Mr. P... those toons are awesome. Would you mind if I copied and posted one or two of them to my myspace page? The very first one is my fav.Tomiichi

Return to “Everything Else”