Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Self-publish a comic book? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So many e-books my reader is overweight!

Post Self-publish a comic book?
Does anybody have any experience with self publishing comic books? Do you know if CreateSpace does anything like that?

I've had an idea floating around in my head for about a week now to convert my urban fantasy novel "Line of Sight" into a comic book series, but need to figure out if it is logistically feasible before I put much energy into recruiting an artist, writing a script, etc.

Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:10 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Creative Writing Student

Post Re: Self-publish a comic book?
I don't have experience with it, but I have always wanted to try Comixology's self publish option:
https://submit.comixology.com/

Tommy is also Available on Amazon.com
http://thred.me/RURm5W Let's turn Tommy into an e-book!!!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:49 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pop up Book Fanatic

I have self published on Amazon several novels. The problem is marketing. I am writing a marketing plan and it's not easy. I'd say if you can figure out where and how you'll market it and you have the time and money then go for it. But writing is a business. You have to figure out how to make it pay or it's just a hobby. So, determine plan. Decide whether there's a market. How much can you make? Will it pay the costs? (What the costs?) I can write novels all day long but I'm only making $19-20 per month for countless hours invested. (I can afford it for now.) But you'll actually have to pay an artist out of pocket.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:45 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wearing Out Library Card

gesler0811 wrote:
Does anybody have any experience with self publishing comic books?

I've worked on a graphic novel called Harpe. Gave up my rights because I didn't really understand what I was doing, but it went to Comic-con. I have since learned. LOL!

I would advise printing it yourself or better yet, releasing it online through installments.

I notice you write fiction. I started a small publishing company to promote my work and that of others. If I like your stuff, I'll promote it for free on the site. Go to my publishing site. Have a look around. http://www.laptiast.com/submissions.html

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:30 pm
Profile Email
Master Debater

I recently started reading comics and naturally I got curious about how one could be created. I would definitely be interested in making a comic although I would probably do the plot and dialogue since I cannot draw for anything! lol.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:15 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Getting Comfortable

I can only add that I am working on a comic strip project myself and had hoped to use BoD as i did with my novel, Imperfections. However, I haven't looked into it any further.
books on demand (usually just 40 euros to publish) - but i don't know if it's a service in europe only or what. Worth looking into?

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 am
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.