• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 767 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 am

Self-publish a comic book?

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
gesler0811
Experienced

Self-publish a comic book?

Unread post

Does anybody have any experience with self publishing comic books? Do you know if CreateSpace does anything like that?

I've had an idea floating around in my head for about a week now to convert my urban fantasy novel "Line of Sight" into a comic book series, but need to figure out if it is logistically feasible before I put much energy into recruiting an artist, writing a script, etc.
Voodoo, zombies, artifacts, and magic: Urban fantasy with a New Orleans Flair
I am currently offering my urban fantasy novel 'Line of Sight' for only 99 cents - Buy from Smashwords and use Coupon Code CT92F
Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page
VicCast
Creative Writing Student

Re: Self-publish a comic book?

Unread post

I don't have experience with it, but I have always wanted to try Comixology's self publish option:
https://submit.comixology.com/
Author of:
"Tommy The Courageous Bird" - A children's picture book about a bird that is afraid of heights
Tommy The Courageous Bird
Tommy is also Available on Amazon.com
http://thred.me/RURm5W Let's turn Tommy into an e-book!!!
Bern Pearson
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have self published on Amazon several novels. The problem is marketing. I am writing a marketing plan and it's not easy. I'd say if you can figure out where and how you'll market it and you have the time and money then go for it. But writing is a business. You have to figure out how to make it pay or it's just a hobby. So, determine plan. Decide whether there's a market. How much can you make? Will it pay the costs? (What the costs?) I can write novels all day long but I'm only making $19-20 per month for countless hours invested. (I can afford it for now.) But you'll actually have to pay an artist out of pocket.
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

gesler0811 wrote:Does anybody have any experience with self publishing comic books?
I've worked on a graphic novel called Harpe. Gave up my rights because I didn't really understand what I was doing, but it went to Comic-con. I have since learned. LOL!

I would advise printing it yourself or better yet, releasing it online through installments.

I notice you write fiction. I started a small publishing company to promote my work and that of others. If I like your stuff, I'll promote it for free on the site. Go to my publishing site. Have a look around. http://www.laptiast.com/submissions.html
PoeticJustin
Master Debater

Unread post

I recently started reading comics and naturally I got curious about how one could be created. I would definitely be interested in making a comic although I would probably do the plot and dialogue since I cannot draw for anything! lol.
Justin Bienvenue--Author--Like A Box of Chocolates
erinlynne
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I can only add that I am working on a comic strip project myself and had hoped to use BoD as i did with my novel, Imperfections. However, I haven't looked into it any further.
books on demand (usually just 40 euros to publish) - but i don't know if it's a service in europe only or what. Worth looking into?

Return to “Author's Lounge”