• In total there are 50 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Seen any good movies recently?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
missyannlala
Book Nut

Re: Seen any good movies recently?

Unread post

the crazies was a totally wicked movie. Super scary, creepy and very intense. I had nightmares!
give me the rainbow!
margie
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have seen two wonderful films in the last week in the comfort of my home. The first film is called Arch of Triumph starring Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman. It is based on a book written by Erich Maria von Remarque (sp?). I selected it from Netflix simply because the cover is a head shot of Ingrid is wearing a beret with a cigarette dangling from her mouth. The story took my breath away. On the evidence of this film, I think the French Noir period of filmmaking could be pushed back twenty years. Now I have to read the book it was based on. I'm not giving away details, because I don't wish to be a spoiler.
Last night, on a tv channel that has mysteriously appeared in the last few weeks, I caught the last half of a film called Electra Glide in Blue. Yes, there is shooting, motorcycle chases and all the things that are usually tedious; but in this film, these moments are not gratuitous. If you are curious, look these films up at the IMDB website which gives great information on casts, producers, writers, awards. I would love to hear comments on what other people thought of these two films.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

The Crazies is a good movie (well, the new one, I don't know about the original). Good concept too, even if it's been done before. Can't say that I had nightmares though, but I'm just desensitized or something. :lol:

And I'm seeing Predators on Friday. I hope it's good. I don't really like Adrien Brody (mostly because of Splice), but I think Topher Grace is in it. The only Predators movie I've seen is AVP though. :|
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
farmgirlshelley
Intern

Unread post

I loved the original predator, and the movie Aliens and AVP was OK. I will wait for Redbox to see Predators, like most other movies.
I will not wait, however, to see Harry Potter. I love the books and movies and consider it worthwhile to shell out the money to see it in the theater.
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

I recently watched Dark City, which was "eh," and Flightplan, which was pretty bad. It wasn't so bad I feel like I want my two hours back (like I did with Gothika and even worse, Gladiator), but I wouldn't watch it again, especially not willingly. Poorly scripted, over acted, over dramatic, and I hate airplanes. Just bleh.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

:lol: Have you seen "Red Eye" bleachededen? I don't know if your liking of Cillian Murphy would trump your hatred of airplanes... I've personally never been on one.

I saw Despicable me a few days ago, which was alright. Not something I'd want to watch again. I also saw Salt today, which I liked. I'm not much for spy thrillers or action movies to be honest.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

Actually I did see Red Eye, well before I even knew who Cillian Murphy was. I remember that I thought it was a terrible movie, but that "the dude who played the bad guy had very pretty eyes." :lol:

Watched Wicked Little Things last night, during a fantastically massive thunderstorm. The thunderstorm was awesome, the movie was just "eh."
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

Unread post

Stalker (1979)

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”