• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

SAVED!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

SAVED!

Unread post

I saw this last night...very funny and a good story. It shows the ridiculousness of the Ultra Christians...the hypocrisy, ignorance, hatred and all that good stuff.Unfortunately, it ends with all still believing in a god, but aside from that flaw..I liked it.It stars Mandy Moore and Macaulay Culkin (very good performance) among others.This is by no means a deep delving movie..it is fun and entertaining.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
RickU

Re: SAVED!

Unread post

I for one (while I agree that Caulkin's performance in this was good) thought this movie was a bit disappointing. I think that it could have been a whole lot funnier. The irreverance was fun..but all in all I thought that it could have been executed in a more amusing fashion. In Vino Veritas
atsquish

Re: SAVED!

Unread post

I thought it was a cute and amusing movie. It did its job- it kept me entertained for an hour and a half, but not much else. It did have a unique plot, but no new ideas.
bokertov05

I agree

Unread post

I agree that the movie could have been funnier, but I think the director was aiming to satirize fundamentalist christians without being really offensive (I read an interview with him where he said as much). They could have done a lot more, and been a lot more scathing, but I guess it was just his choice to keep it pg-13 and mild. I am personally a huge fan of Mary Louise Parker, and I thought she was very good. Although it was weird to see her play the mother of someone not too much younger than myself...

Return to “Everything Else”