• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Sandra Day O'Connor Speaks

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GOD defiles Reason

Sandra Day O'Connor Speaks

Unread post

Sandra Day O'Connor had a couple comments about the recent intimidations and threats made on judges by politicians. Look at the transcript and NPR brief news braodcast and see if you think she's making a reasonable point.A transript of some of her speech:rawstory.com/news/2006/Re..._0310.htmlA short piece about Justice O'Connoer's speech on NPR:www.npr.org/templates/sto...Id=5255712Do ya'll remember how the Conservatives behaved with the Terri Shiavo case? How did you feel about that at the time?Any thoughts?
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Re: Sandra Day O'Connor Speaks

Unread post

I do not like the federal government getting into the affairs of the state courts, plain and simple. The Terry Shivo case should have been a private affair between the spouse and his wife according to Florida law; I do not like the idea of the government deciding my or my family's fate. We have a clear understanding of what the others would want (now we have it in writing as well) these new verdicts are only slightly different in the way that justice was probably not served. When a Judge makes a decision they must be held to the punishment fitting the crime rule, many are not. But it's up to the state to rectify the problem, if they do not they have to live with the consequences.

Return to “Current Events & History”