• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Roe v. Wade

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Roe v. Wade

Unread post

Someone from my yahoogroup posted this!HAHAHA!! I got this from a friend in New York. Q: What is George W. Bush's position on Roe vs. Wade? A: He really doesn't give a shit how people get out of New Orleans.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Roe v. Wade

Unread post

ROFLMAO!!!!! That's hilarious! Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 9/16/05 12:36 pm
Izdaari

Unread post

I've seen that elsewhere, but it is funny. All joking aside, I think Roe v. Wade was a horrible abortion of a decision (pun intentional), based as it was on Justice Douglas' hallucinatory ravings about "emanations and penumbras" in Griswold v. Connecticutt. IMO, there's no sound constitutional basis for the decision, only the policy preferences of the majority made law, which is exactly what's meant by judicial activism. I don't base that opinion on my own policy preferences btw: I voted for abortion being legal in my state before Roe (yes, I'm that old), and would do so again. I just don't like judges acting as legislators. Edited by: Izdaari  at: 9/21/05 2:04 am
marti1900

Unread post

I don't want to swing this thread into an abortion legislation debate. I prefer to keep it a Bush bashing joke. LOL And it IS funny!I DO like puns.Marti in Mexico

Return to “Everything Else”