• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Reviews for a Kindle fantasy book

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KentC
Getting Comfortable

Reviews for a Kindle fantasy book

Unread post

Hi,

I wrote a fantasy book mostly for my own entertainment, but it would be cool if someone had the time to review it.

It would be the best if you actually like reading stuff like Robert E. Howard etc. This is not meant to be high literature to begin with, it's just an action-packed adventure. There are elements from both sword & sorcery and epic fantasy, but it's more of the former.

I don't mind bad reviews at all, so don't worry about that, although it would always good to know if at least some things in the book worked like they were intended. The most important things would be to know if you found the characters interesting and if the action scenes seemed engaging, but you can of course comment about anything you want. I'd also prefer that you'd read the whole book even if the beginning seems bad. There are several quite different events in the story, so it's entirely possible that some of them work and some do not.

Here's a store link for the book:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TWO2ZQ2
Last edited by KentC on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KentC
Getting Comfortable

Re: Reviews for a Kindle fantasy book

Unread post

A new short story available. This will always cost $0.99

---

"The Zombie Brides"
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UQM0GGK

Cammy John is a private investigator who has faced some heavy personal losses. She meets a man who thinks he has seen what he describes as “voodoo zombies” at a ranch outside the city. Cammy has seen many strange things herself, but she does not immediately believe such a fanciful tale. She still decides to take the job, not for the money, but because she wants to help people and cope with her own personal problems at the same time.

Note from the author:

This is a quickly written pulp style short story which is meant to serve as a short and cheap introduction to my writing. This is still a complete story, and not just a sample of one.

Cammy is a character I made up ages ago, but never actually managed to write anything about. I noticed zombie stories are popular on Kindle, so I decided to combine my old character with them to create this. Cammy may return at some point, but at the moment I intend to write at least one more fantasy book before that.

I can only hope that people who were entertained by this story would review it, and also check out my fantasy book “The Spider Terror”. The setting may be different, but the action and the characters are every bit as exciting.
KentC
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

"The Spider Terror" which is linked in the first message is available for $0,99 during 3 - 10 of this month.
KentC
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

"The Zombie Brides" is free today.
KentC
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I wrote a new book, so check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KTX0VK6

Return to “Author's Lounge”