• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Rate Bush's Job Performance

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Rate Bush's Job Performance

Unread post

Rate Bush's Job PerformanceResults (total votes = 24):Highly applaudable&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspSomewhat agreeable&nbsp2 / 8.3%&nbsp Fairly useless&nbsp1 / 4.2%&nbsp Poorly executed&nbsp6 / 25.0%&nbsp Totally unspeakable&nbsp15 / 62.5%&nbsp 
Luck of the Draw

Re: Rate Bush's Job Performance

Unread post

any other arena, someone proved as incomptent as he, they would be kicked to the curb in nothing flat. Check his past job performance, there seem to be quite a bit of carry over, no. A complete/total screw up then, and the same now. Some things never change. LoTD"If the truth ever wins ask which lie fought for it"--Nietzche"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
ADO15

Unread post

At least he's consistent. And the electorate should have known what they were going to get (at least the second time!). Makes you wonder why so many people wanted a bumbling incompetent fool in charge of the most powerful country in the world. I mean, I can see why Karl Rive would want that, but... _________________________________________________________Il Sotto Seme La Neva
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I think the answer to that question, ADO, is that they trusted him, and didn't trust his opponents. He projected an image of simple rusticity, and the populous bought it... just barely. Note that the urban areas were largely against Bush in the 2004 election -- the rural areas saw a president who, it seemed, came from the same stock and spirit as they, one who was at ease talking about ranching and always drew analogies to situations they saw as practical.Of course, most people didn't bear in mind that his administration would be doing a great deal of the work. Part of why the "regime" tag has stuck is because the administration is built around a nucleus of strong figures who all appear to be contributing to policy in forceful ways -- not around a single figure. Even if JFK and Eisenhower, et al, were supported by as forceful a staff as Bush, that's almost always been more a matter of retrospect than of clear, immediate participation. But the press has always talked about Cheney and Rice as though they were presidents in their own right rather than Bush's inferiors in office. So it's odd that the electorate didn't really take that into account. But then, I think that's part of why Bush was the one to run -- he had the right image for the moment, and that seems to account for a great deal of why he's been in office for two terms.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

I wonder if we can actually give an educated answer to this question. We do not have the information that the president has when he makes his decisions, we do not know what options were laid on the table for him to pick from. For all we know the president has made the best call concerning every decision he has made during his administration, yet things still went badly. Do I believe this? Not especially, its just something to think about.The fact remains we just don't know what is happening in the white house these days.Later
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Quote:The fact remains we just don't know what is happening in the white house these days.And I think you hit on of the bigger concerns on the head! Too much secrecy and obfuscation.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
GOD defiles Reason

Unread post

A criminal trial might begin to shed some light on the subject. Some questioning and cross examination under oath. Under those circumstances, Bush might even be compelled to turn states evidence and cooperate for a lesser sentence. Besides, you know he'd just end up getting pardoned and probably get his own tv show on one of the 24 hour propaganda stations. But it's highly unlikely that we'll see anyone with the testicular fortitude to truly hold any of these people accountable for their actions.
SwansonMSU

Unread post

So it's odd that the electorate didn't really take that into account.
Some of us took that into account during both elections. I believe having strong individuals around the president that have their own opinions is a good thing. To me, its an asset for this Administration. I don't agree with everything this administration has done or not done. But, I'm confident it is better than the alternative. At least Bush and his "cronies" are doing something and not sitting on their hands.
GOD defiles Reason

Unread post

Swanson: I don't agree with everything this administration has done or not done. But, I'm confident it is better than the alternative. At least Bush and his "cronies" are doing something and not sitting on their hands. All that statement means to me is: "Well at least he's getting thousands of our people killed and maimed and making things worse all over the world instead of using his brain and thinking things through."
SwansonMSU

Unread post

Not really. What that means is he is taking on the tough issues. Not pushing them off to my generation and my childrens generation. I was not speaking on the sole issue of war. I don't think that he is "just" doing something there, though.

Return to “Current Events & History”