• In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Rachael, New York

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Rach0898
Official Newbie!

Rachael, New York

Unread post

:welcome:
Hello my name is Rachael and I am from New York, I am a female
My hobbies and special interest include a variety of different things. I do enjoying reading (of course) and video games, and I love the movies, especially the theaters. There are many other things to add but let me not bore you with my interests :tease:
I am I would think pretty young to be on a reading discussion form. I am 18 years old
My interests in reading has always been fiction because non-fiction has never been the type for me. Although, some non-fictions books are not at all terrible, but anything history wise is a no go for me :razz2: looking deeper into fiction, I enjoy romance fantasy and thrillers I had a very long duration of staying in the teens section but every since I started working at Barnes and Noble, I never touch that section anymore. I think it was also a growing up period in my life where I never looked at the other books such as the adult books. But do not get me wrong, ever since the new Harry Potter book came out and everyone was buying it, I figured i would read the series and it is really good. At the moment I am in the middle of 3 different books, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Game of Thrones, and The Girl on the Train
I heard about booktalk.org by simply searching "book talk online" into google. Not many people I can go to about books and I want to know more about what is out there (plus i think my job would be much more fun with more knowledge on books)
:thanks2:
Your bookseller :mrgreen: ,
Rachael
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Rachael, New York

Unread post

Hello Rachel and a big :welcome: Nice to see ayoung person who still likes to read. As I am at the other end of the age spectrum from you (70+), I can tell you I have been reading since I was about 5 years of age. :) While most of my contemporaries at school were struggling with Dick and Jane, I was devouring books such as "Call of the Wild" and "Treasure Island." Most of what I read in those days could be considered either juvenile or young adult fiction (e.g. "The Hardy Boys" series0. I have read all the original Harry Potter novels, and all five of the "Game of Thrones" (or, if you want to be precise, "A Song of Ice and Fire") books. Also "The Girl on the Train." If you would like some suggestions from a life-time reader, let me know. My personal favorite genre is science-fiction; you might say my ABCs were Asimov, Bradbury and Clarke. :wink:

Anyway again, welcome to Book Talk. It is a great place to meet fellow Bibliophiles. :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
breddles
Master Debater

Unread post

Welcome!
I'm totally jealous of your job. What a place to soak up the atmosphere of books! Wish I could do a book-signing there :)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”