• In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Visual Poetry

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
kikoso
Official Newbie!

Visual Poetry

Unread post

Poetry is supposed to project images in your mind. VisualPoetry translates any text into a series of images by looking up the words on Google image search and projecting the most relevant results as a slide show. You can use it to view your favourite poem as a series of images from the Internet to amuse yourself or you let other people guess which sentence or poem is displayed. Or you can just marvel at the weird pictures streaming from the Internet to your computer.

Is a free experiment I did recently, check it out :-)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.visual
(author) Katelyn
Experienced

Re: Visual Poetry

Unread post

Hmm, normally I just go with what I'm feeling. Sadness, anger, happiness, ect. Like I did in my poem "Forgiving You" which is now a Semi-Finalist in World Poetry Movement. The poem goes like this:
Forgiving you may take some work. And what I say may make me sound like a dork. Life goes on, with all it's disappointments. We must let it go, as it washes by on the river of life. Life will continue, with its day's and night's. You may not know how much it hurts. How when I think of it my heart gives a lurch. You are my aunt, you were my best friend. Once, on you I thought I could always depend. But you broke my heart. But now I forgive you, so let all bitterness depart. I don't know how I did it. For at first I thought my heart would just quit. I felt so bitter, for so long. For it seemed, though we lived very close, our hearts were as far as Hong Kong. I forgave you, and hopefully we can come to terms. Where we are friends once again, of that my heart's hopes are very firm. My heart's hopes are as high as the sky. Of that, I would never lie. I can not say that I will trust you like I did before. But my heart is open, hanging open like a door. Come on in, and do not break it again, please. For then my heart would surely freeze. Take it from me, and let's just forgive. And my complete trust, to you I will try to give. I forgive you, and you forgive me. I love you, and always have, don't you see? Forgiving you took a lot of work, but now I know I took the right fork. I love you now, and forever. And never again will I bitter, never.

Please everyone understand this is copyrighted! It is not the best poem, but I wrote it after my aunt married someone I didn't like at all. I was angry at her, but I felt I needed to forgive her. I didn't want to resent her or be bitter. So I wrote this poem. That is how I write my poems. But I like your idea. I might just try it. :)
Katie
kikoso
Official Newbie!

Re: Visual Poetry

Unread post

There is nothing to buy, the program is free :-)

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”