• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

To Kill a Mockingbird

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Re: To Kill a Mockingbird

Unread post

Rob Dunbar wrote:
Is anyone familiar with the Harper Lee's bio? Fascinating woman. But such tragedy! All those years she spent working on her second novel, only to have the only manuscript stolen in a burglary -- I think it probably would have killed me. No wonder she stopped writing.

I have not read her bio but what I know about her that to me is fascinating is that she and Truman Capote were next door neighbors as children. And that when he wrote "In Cold Blood" she helped him gather the notes for it when they went to Kansas to interview the people.
Silvermist
Official Newbie!

Unread post

One of my favorite books. Have seen the movie several times also. Gregory Peck was the perfect choice for the role of Atticus Finch.
skybluepink
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I read this book years ago. I have it on my long list of "to read". My daughter just read this for her Advanced English class in school.

She kept asking me about parts because I told her I read it. I've read it so long ago that I can't remember any of it! yikes
Aqueda_Veronica
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Was on our suggested reading list back in high school, never got to it though... This article from "The Guardian" gives some interesting info:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/se ... loved-book

Definitely on my to-read-list :)
"From childhood's hour I have not been as others were
I have not seen as others saw
I could not bring my passions from a common spring
From the same source I have not taken my sorrow
I could not awake my heart to joy at the same tone
And all I loved - I loved alone"

E.A.Poe

Return to “What are you currently reading?”