• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

"The Nasty Bits" by Anthonry Bourdain

A dedicated forum for discussing and celebrating your favorite short stories and short story authors.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
downtown1441
Getting Comfortable

"The Nasty Bits" by Anthonry Bourdain

Unread post

I watched "No Reservations" for like two years before I realized Bourdain actually got his start as an author, as soon as it clicked I went out and picked up "Kitchen Confidential" which was pretty good.

I liked "The Nasty Bits" a lot more though, the stories are a lot more poignant and it doesn't drag anywhere at all. The story I remember most is the one where he talks about fighting and finally beating his addiction to heroin, it's a shockingly honest piece, about as rock bottom as it gets.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Re: "The Nasty Bits" by Anthonry Bourdain

Unread post

I liked Kitchen Confidential. I'll have to pick up the new one. Thanks for the recommendation.
downtown1441
Getting Comfortable

Re: "The Nasty Bits" by Anthonry Bourdain

Unread post

I liked Kitchen Confidential. I'll have to pick up the new one. Thanks for the recommendation.
Sure thing, it's not his NEWEST book, he came out with another series of shorts last year or so... "Medium Raw," which isn't nearly as good as "The Nasty Bits." Overall I think TNB was stronger than "Kitchen Confidential," it was certainly a lot more personal.

Return to “Short Story Discussions”