• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Suggestions needed for August & September 2011 NON-FICTION book discussion!

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Suggestions needed for August & September 2011 NON-FICTION book discussion!

Unread post

I'm not suggesting that Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection by DM Murdock be a "secondary" discussion at all. It would be an official BookTalk.org discussion.

I just would like another book discussion running concurrently for those people not interested in participating in the astrotheology book. We run multiple book discussions concurrently all the time. No one book discussion is subservient to the next so there wouldn't be anything in the forum name, description or format to give members or visitors the notion that this isn't an official book discussion.

Since so many of you are interested in Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection by DM Murdock I think we should simply get moving on it. I will create the forum and announce it very soon as the August and September book.

I will be counting on all of you guys that have drifted over here from the Murdock site to actually participate in this discussion. I notice several people chiming in and they haven't even read the first post and the rules. As regulars know, and as the first post in this thread says, we only accept suggestions and votes from members with 25 posts. We have good reasons for this rule, but in this case we can throw that rule aside. If you all are friends from another forum and are committed to a quality discussion of this book then we can just go for it.

Also, would one of you like to volunteer as discussion leader for this book? And can you talk to the author and see about a live chat session? We could do a live chat at the end of September OR simply an email interview OR the author could jump right into the forum discussion OR any combination of these options. But I will really need some help here. If you want to do the live chat I need one or two of you to agree to act as chat host. This is pretty simple stuff. Just be present in the live chat and ask questions when other people aren't asking questions. Do your best to keep the chat humming along and everyone having fun and learning. I will not do a live chat without this agreement because quite frankly I am not planning to read this particular book. I cannot ask educated questions if I haven't read the book. So I will need some help here or we can stick with an email interview.

If the discussion is active and everyone is enjoying it we can extend it an additional month too.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

I would be happy to lead discussion on Christ in Egypt. This promises to be a very stimulating conversation.

I thought Landroid's suggestion of the book on the Second World War also looked really interesting. We have obviously not had anything like the followup on the other suggestions compared to Christ in Egypt, so it might be good to plan a September-October book on a completely different topic as well.

People feel strongly about Christ in Egypt because here we see a great scholar ignored. Broadening the venues for discussion of this material, especially in a site such as Booktalk that has high standards regarding quality of discussion, is a very positive thing.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Ok, thanks for clarifying Chris. And thank you for going ahead and giving a discussion of CiE in a chance here at BT. I'll participate with Robert to take care of the tasks that are necessary for discussion.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'm setting it up right now.

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”