• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Suggestions needed for August & September 2011 NON-FICTION book discussion!

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Re: Suggestions needed for August & September 2011 NON-FICTION book discussion!

Unread post

Akhenaten, are you a mythicist?
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Re: Suggestions needed for August & September 2011 NON-FICTION b

Unread post

So you're still beating that straw man you've raised Camacho. You trolling has nothing to do with you disagreeing with me. You've neglected to see that the trolling has to do with the attacking. You've come in behind me trying to troll up argument and conflict. You are trolling this thread up. It has nothing to do with a simple difference of opinion which you're obviously entitled to. I never said that you or anyone including Strawbe can not disagree or has to believe in anything for that matter. You're trolling with strawman and it's obvious to me, perhaps other readers as well. The only one who needs to stand back here is you and you alone. No one else seems to have problems or hostility.

I'm not a mod or admin so I obviously didn't ban your best buddy. Maybe you think I have supernatural powers or something and can use my power and authority to magically eliminate a member from this forum with absolutely no mod or admin status. Your buddy got himself banned by trolling up one too many threads and breaking one too many rules. Do I agree with the action? Yes. He was pushing his luck for some time and it wouldn't have been tolerated this long on most forums. But, once again, you've raised another strawman in the spirit of your best buddy Strawbe. I challenged him to set foot in my domain and he refused more than once. He has joined www.freethoughtnation.com but hasn't gathered to balls to post there as Stahrwe. He can reach me at any time he chooses and I have not cut off any communication with him at all. He can get a hold of me any time. I put the ball in his court. I actually welcome it. What he's done to himself is that which he has done to himself, bottom line.

I can invite twice as many apologists to BT to replace him if you'd like. I cross them all the time. I agree with you that an apologetic element is for the better and I'm actually working to contribute bring some more of that element to the table. Long story short Camacho, you're just plain wrong over and over again. I think I'm starting to see the connection between you two love birds now. You're equally wrong most of the time but on the opposite sides of the left - right spectrum. Sort of like Communists and Nazis if you can wrap your mind around the analogy. So that's it. I guess you're going troll up this thread in the spirit of your polar opposite, as some sort of homage to your opposite...

Interesting.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

lol you're a fool.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Wrong again. It just continues...
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

If you say so.

Arg, I'm editing this to apologize for continuing this to BT members. This shouldn't go on during a poll or suggestion for a poll but I hope you can empathize with this cause.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

I'm here to read what others have posted about their book selections and to discuss books read by the community. When there is a preponderance of one group, there is neglect of another. I want an inclusive environment that seeks to enrich and enlighten the whole, rather than a mythicist element that seeks to silence and disparage others. I don't think you understand my true argument. It's for humanity. Not just for the little niche you believe is righteous. I truly believe I'm speaking to a christian when I talk with you.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

You are speaking to a Christian, a Christian turned atheist who now lacks God belief in any basic sense. You're sort of right but still wrong in the end. Surprise!!! lol

Now if a mythicist book were to be discussed it would be the first on record as far as I know. You've discussed atheist evermist books but when have you discussed a mythicist book, let alone ever having been dominated or over run by them? Once again, epic fail as your strawman shows itself again. Some people would like to see CiE discussed because it would be a brake from the norm, ushering something entirely new to the table, unlike anything you've discussed from Dawkins, or Harris, or even Campbell or any other evemerist authors book.

I have friends who are interested in politics like you and they're hostile towards religious discussion too. They've moved on and don't care to pay it any attention because they've concluded it's false and would rather look at politics only, and science. I've had one take shots at me for continuing to go to religious debate forums and reading books on it. But I have zero interest in politics. I just don't care about that.

But did I blow up and make a big deal about it and try to belittle or undermine your interest in politics just because I don't share that interest? No, I didn't. You're accusions are largely unfounded and even though I've taken you for a complete idiot since way back, I haven't bothered to say it until now. You're a douche bag and that's just a factual observation. You've more than poven that much so far...
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

lmao. Ok... I can respect that. hahaha

Still... it's my opinion and my vote! that shows interest for something new.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

For what it's worth I hope you get your way and your book is voted in. I don't care to read it and wouldn't participate, but neither would I or did I ever expect you to vote for, read, or care about Roberts suggestion. It's really a "to each his own" situation.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

lol

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”