• In total there are 30 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

The Tree of Life

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

The Tree of Life

Unread post

Anyone seen it? Anyone walked out on it? Anyone ask for thier money back? I promised myself I would keep an open mind and watch to the end. I kept my promise, I did not walk out. That is all I will say for now. I'd like to hear what other's have to say about this very odd movie.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: The Tree of Life

Unread post

Based on the trailer, the movie looks exceptionally melodramatic which makes me not want to see it. I'd be interested in hearing about people's impressions.
-Geo
Question everything
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

I saw an article about how lots of people walked out on it. That makes me curious to see it.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

Dexter wrote:I saw an article about how lots of people walked out on it. That makes me curious to see it.
Yes, that is the way of it and why I promised myself I would not walk out.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Are they walking out on the movie because they're bored or because it's too much emotionally?
-Geo
Question everything
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

geo wrote:Are they walking out on the movie because they're bored or because it's too much emotionally?
Bored and confused. I think the dialogue for the whole movie would fit on one sheet of paper. This by it's self is not necessarily condemning, but it does mean that the visuals better be right on target and coherently linked to tell the story.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Well, I went and saw it last night with my husband. As we bought our tickets the movie theater offered our money back if we left the movie within a half hour. We were also given a warning, "there's very little talking, and it is very artsy. :lol:

I can't say I didn't like it. The images of nature and the universe were beautiful. But some of the messages of the movie were vague. One of the messages of the movie that was clear was that of loss. Overall I may have to say that the movie got too big for itself. It produced more questions for me than answers. Found myself saying, "what the hell"? a few times. But, this type of movie does produce a good conversation in the car on the way home. Ten people could see it and each would have a different opinion of it.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”