• In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What is your favorite musical group and why?????

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
phillies4evr
Intern

What is your favorite musical group and why?????

Unread post

my favorite musician is Chris Daughtry. He has an amazingly wonderful voice. He pours his heart into his songs and the rocker side of him makes him the best all-time Rocker in my opinion. He has two CDs out and I can't wait until he does more! Just a band alone is amazing to listen to.

Since my musical tastes are all over the place I also like the group Chicago. Even without anyone singing, their band is absolutely amazing! I saw them a long time ago in concert and it was absolutely unbelievable. But, if you like more mellow music, the Williams Brothers, the Twins are a group that you plug your headphones into and just mellow out. So, what are your favorite musical groups. There are so many groups that I've listened so but those are some of my favorites. So, I love the rocker style of Daughtry and mellow music is well.
rachelrly
Official Newbie!

Re: What is your favorite musical group and why?????

Unread post

My faverate group is a hardcore band called A Fire Inside. I love them because they have their own sound. things to talk about once it is decoded real-world issues and that's what I like in a group.
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: beyond enjoying the fruits of his formidable songwriting skill I enjoy wondering if he might really have had Tom Hulce's laugh. srly though, chilling stuff. On a more contemporary time frame: Kate Bush. This pick stems from a childhood crush that's never quite left.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

I'm too old for this...because they once said I looked like Kate Bush.

But....my favourite is Bob Marley and the Wailers.....No Woman, No Cry......it makes me cry...but it makes me feel so much better about life.
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
James043
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Pink Floyd. I was born in 72, but was raised on Animals and the Wall... Animals being my favorite of the two.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

rachelrly wrote:My faverate group is a hardcore band called A Fire Inside. I love them because they have their own sound. things to talk about once it is decoded real-world issues and that's what I like in a group.
I have always liked "Miss Murder". They did another song I really liked that I can never remember until I hear it...
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
charlie delambert
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I am torn between Joy Division and Alkeline Trio. Joy Division did so much in such a short time, you can really Ian curtis is the master of beautiful tragedy. Alkeline Trio has been so good for me for so long. They write amazing lyrics and rock them hard. You can't go wrong with songs written in grave yards. I guess I can't leave out Jonathan Coulton, the kind of nerd rock. Okay that's three, but a good three. It's as hard for me to narrow down favorite music as it is for favorite books.
That Book Nerd
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Lyrically: The Decemberists. I love the 19th-century themes that Colin Meloy puts into his lyircs.

Musically: Mumford & Sons. I just can't get enough of the banjo.
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered."
- Tom Stoppard (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead)
Rigid Bones
Master Debater

Unread post

I'm currently in a Teddy Thompson phase...

www.ithinkivegotit.com

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”