• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Eat Pray Love, The Film

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GerryLuvzBookz
Official Newbie!

Eat Pray Love, The Film

Unread post

Over the weekend, I had the chance to watch Eat Pray Love.

Given its insane top seller status as a book, it makes sense that the film receive a huge blockbuster adaptation. I originally viewed its release as a negative, and figured that the adaptation wouldn't do the book justice. Very soon though, I found myself warming up to the film, feeling more than satisfied to watch Julia Roberts as Liz. I thought she did a great job. Likewise, the all-star supporting cast members did an excellent job. My fav character from the film was by far "Richard from Texas," who she meets in India (played by Richard Jenkins, one of my favorite actors).

One thing in particular that struck me was the film's score. I thought it was scored beautifully. The cinematography was also beautiful. It obviously helps that you're filming on location in various paradise destinations, e.g. the photo below.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the film and I would definitely recommend it to anyone considering watching.
Wine and Books
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: Eat Pray Love, The Film

Unread post

I read the book a few years ago, and found parts insightful, but parts very trite. Overall I must say I did enjoy the book enough I was looking forward to film, especially after I found out Julia Roberts would be the star. I didn't make the film on the first running, but watched it on a transatlantic flight. My boyfriend watched it with me without reading the book, but being interested in her new book about marriage.

Both of us enjoyed the film. Hard to say if because we were a captive audience. Our flight from Amsterdam was cancelled the previous day after sitting on the runway for 5 hours, and the flight was all the way to Los Angeles. But I found the film lighter than the book, and more enjoyable (something rarely said about movies). I would recommend the movie to anyone that is interested in travel or eastern spirituality, or likes Julia Roberts! :roll:
A good book is only made better with a glass of wine........
Clayburn
Getting Comfortable

Re: Eat Pray Love, The Film

Unread post

Can't say I liked this one all that much. To be fair, I didn't read the book and probably wouldn't have liked the book. Seemed like a silly "affluent white woman's problem" story, which I have a hard time relating to.
This too shall pass.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”