• In total there are 36 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 836 on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:57 pm

The Zodiac in Leonardo Da Vinci's Last Supper

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: The Zodiac in Leonardo Da Vinci's Last Supper

Unread post

From right to left in the painting of The Last Supper we see the twelve apostles are modelled on the shape of the stars of the twelve signs of the zodiac. The secret purpose is to encode in the greatest work of western art the ultimate truth that Christ is the Sun and the twelve apostles are the divisions of the year into twelve months. Here I focus in on the parts of the picture that match the stars, with each apostle shown to match his sign, much as the ancients put their mythical heros into the constellations.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

Here is an email from a friend
Hi Rob

I had a good look at the image and I think the physical geometry of the star maps fits very well indeed with the postures and arm positions of the figures in the painting. Particularly close matches are evident for Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Scorpio (what a beauty!!), Aquarius and Pisces....

I also read through your exchanges with The Blind One on booktalk.... Made me laugh outloud numerous times. Keep it up!
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

I've uploaded a more detailed one page diagram:

As far as I am aware this precise mapping is a new finding, although as I note above the match between the twelve apostles and the zodiac has long been known. What this stellar comparison provides is a precise and detailed explanation of the real 'Da Vinci Code'. We can see that Leonardo secretly understood that the story of Jesus and the twelve was cosmic allegory for the sun and the twelve signs of the zodiac. He concealed this understanding in his greatest painting in a way that is incontrovertible once the key is found, as I show in the attached diagrams.

This proof that astrology is embedded at the heart of Christianity is important for the objective basis of astrology. We are used to regarding astrology and Christianity as mutually antagonistic, but this material, and the abundant similar evidence that the Biblical twelve is always a natural cosmic reference to the zodiac, enables us to put faith on a natural rather than a supernatural footing.

Robert
gutterkrawl
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I believe, and this may be completely out of line, that there is a pattern to the universe. Many religions, philosophies, and belief systems are based on finding the truth. If all are examined at length and we find a common thread, then what we find must be the truth. I do not doubt that Leo would hide the zodiac in a christian based painting. He was a scholar and as such was not limited by the narrow mindedness of zeal.
Win if you can. Lose if you must. Cheat at all costs.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

I'm probably being dense, but I just don't see the zodiac patterns in the Da Vinci painting. I don't doubt that the number 12 had some cosmic significance at one time, I just don't see them in the painting. If, indeed, Da Vinci modelled the twelve apostles on the twelve constellations of the zodiac, he was rather covert about it. I suppose that's the point: the true meaning of Christianity had to be kept hidden from the Romans? I'm skeptical about this premise, as you know, Robert, and to me you have to work pretty hard to see the zodiac in the painting. Am I the only one?
-Geo
Question everything
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I know it's OT but I always understood Stahrwe to mean "what If I were blind?" Not that he was saying he is literally blind. The rest of his posts regarding how one would post if blind is just more smoke and mirrors.

About the last supper. How would Leonardo have known this was going to be one of the worlds greatest paintings?

I used to be very knowledgeable about the symbols for the signs of the zodiac and I think the interpretation is reaching a little. Also why would Leonardo (who could after all have painted this anyway he wanted) not have had it read from left to right? I mean if it was his intention to hide the symbols of the zodiac in his painting. If you so desired could you find them in that order?

Didn't Dan Brown claim that was Mary Magdelene at Jesus' right?
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:Here is an email from a friend
Hi Rob

I had a good look at the image and I think the physical geometry of the star maps fits very well indeed with the postures and arm positions of the figures in the painting. Particularly close matches are evident for Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Scorpio (what a beauty!!), Aquarius and Pisces....
What a beauty indeed. I will let you last imaginings speak for themselves.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

stahrwe wrote:
Robert Tulip wrote:Here is an email from a friend
Hi Rob

What a beauty indeed. I will let you last imaginings speak for themselves.
This is why I have turned Stahrwe off. There is no point to this post except to insult another BT member. This is Troll behavior folks. Why do we put up with it?
-Geo
Question everything
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

geo wrote:I'm probably being dense, but I just don't see the zodiac patterns in the Da Vinci painting. I don't doubt that the number 12 had some cosmic significance at one time, I just don't see them in the painting. If, indeed, Da Vinci modelled the twelve apostles on the twelve constellations of the zodiac, he was rather covert about it. I suppose that's the point: the true meaning of Christianity had to be kept hidden from the Romans? I'm skeptical about this premise, as you know, Robert, and to me you have to work pretty hard to see the zodiac in the painting. Am I the only one?
For me, it's just the difficulty believing that such an advanced thinker as Leonardo wanted to mess around with astrology. Who knows, maybe his notebooks or whatever reveal such an interest. It would be somewhat of a disappointment for me to learn this about this pioneer of science.
GreggMattson
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

What a fun thread. So much passion with such vehemence. With that, I’m probably inviting a slew of little red dots on my forehead, but in looking closely at the magnified images with star overlays, finding a solid correlation is a stretch. I can easily expect Da Vinci could hide something in his paintings, even inserting symbolic imagery backwards, since (if my recollection is correct) he took notes that way. As far as I can tell, I really don’t see that here.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”