• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

How does everyone feel about it getting dark so early at night?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
phillies4evr
Intern

How does everyone feel about it getting dark so early at night?

Unread post

I don't know about all of you but I hate when it gets dark so early at night!!!!!!! we have to cook in the dark, come home from work in the dark and after dinner it is too dark to take a nice walk and see all the fall foliage. The only thing I like about today is that we get/got an extra hour to sleep. I live in Pennsylvania and the foliage here with all of its bright glory is what makes the fall so special. I hope to hear from others of you and how you feel about this change the clocks!
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Re: HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT IT GETTING DARK SO EARLY AT NIGHT???

Unread post

Phillies wrote:

I don't know about all of you but I hate when it gets dark so early at night!!!!!!! we have to cook in the dark, come home from work in the dark and after dinner it is too dark to take a nice walk and see all the fall foliage. The only thing I like about today is that we get/got an extra hour to sleep. I live in Pennsylvania and the foliage here with all of its bright glory is what makes the fall so special. I hope to hear from others of you and how you feel about this change the clocks!
Do you know, I thought it was only us, in the UK, who changed the clocks. And I thought we only did it to annoy the French!!! :D

We are having a very pretty Autumn here. All the foliage is very yellow this year and that is because we had a very dry summer, they say.

They think that this might be the last year when we put the clocks back. We will probably stay with British Summertime after this year, so I am told. Then, behold, we will be in line with the rest of Europe.
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
phillies4evr
Intern

Re: HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT IT GETTING DARK SO EARLY AT NIGHT???

Unread post

phillies4evr wrote:I don't know about all of you but I hate when it gets dark so early at night!!!!!!! we have to cook in the dark, come home from work in the dark and after dinner it is too dark to take a nice walk and see all the fall foliage. The only thing I like about today is that we get/got an extra hour to sleep. I live in Pennsylvania and the foliage here with all of its bright glory is what makes the fall so special. I hope to hear from others of you and how you feel about this change the clocks!
I wish that it would stay lighter all year. It is a known fact that when people are in darkness, they are more likely to get depressed. I love the weather just the way it is right now and wish this type of weather was the weather we would get in the wintertime.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Re: How does everyone feel about it getting dark so early at night?

Unread post

It's really weird. Like I ate dinner and showered and did homework earlier today. I'll get over it though. :lol:
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
The Ritzy

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book Nut

Unread post

Well, I used to hate it a lot more when I was younger and my mother made the rule of coming back inside once the sun set. Winter was a hated season for me in my youth because of that.
rocio44
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Yeaa I hate how dark it gets so early as well. Makes me feel like I already wasted my whole day even though its only 5PM
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it." Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”